Holy cow only 28FPS on FF7 with Gforce9800 GT

I had this problem for a while now, my friend gave me his nvidia GeForce 9800 GT 512 and now i am having the same damn FPS problem,

OK its simple I cant run every game on high exam… COD BLACK OPS on highest but i cant run it on low, if i set it only low the frame rate goes down,

SO there is no way for me to lower the settings without lossing FPS so that makes almost every new game unplayable cause if the FPS on highest is 50 , on low it would be 10 FPS, and there is not way to gain performanse by lowering the details.

Also my friend didnt have the problem, only me, i downloaed the newest drivers for the card on the Nvidia site, my friend suggested that i download it from the Gigabyte site but i dont know why.

Also the frame rate is almost the same on every option

Just made a test, i tried to play Final Fantasy 7 for PC and the frame rate is only 28 , i mean WTF, i can run Black Ops, crysis on highest on better FPS.

My PC specs

2GB DD2 Ram
Gforce 9800512-Newest drivers
Win7 32bit professional.
Intel Pentium Dual CPU 2Ghz

You probably have some other bottle neck, you PC is on the slow side, so there are more than one component slowing you down.

You should always get nvidia drivers from nvidia.com :cool:

[QUOTE=eric93se;2566384]You probably have some other bottle neck, you PC is on the slow side, so there are more than one component slowing you down.

You should always get nvidia drivers from nvidia.com :cool:[/QUOTE]

i am not sure about that, well i understand about the RAM , i need to upgrade it, but that wouldnt expain that i can run games on high better than in low.

Also i downloaded drivers from Nvidia allways , also do i need to downlod from the chipsets site which is gigabyte Geforce ??

What is the exact model of the cpu?

like i said Intel Pentium Dual CPU 2.0 2.0 Ghz

So without knowing what exact model it is, I would say that at that speed and with that ram that those are definitely two bottle necks. The games themselves will sometimes force different settings and that will effect the end performance fps wise. Between the software coding and the drivers coding sometimes some fishy stuff seems to happen to older hardware where they don’t get the most out of them possibly intentionally to make you want to buy new hardware, but thats not easy to prove :wink:

[QUOTE=eric93se;2566588]So without knowing what exact model it is, I would say that at that speed and with that ram that those are definitely two bottle necks. The games themselves will sometimes force different settings and that will effect the end performance fps wise. Between the software coding and the drivers coding sometimes some fishy stuff seems to happen to older hardware where they don’t get the most out of them possibly intentionally to make you want to buy new hardware, but thats not easy to prove ;)[/QUOTE]

I also forgot to say that i could run crysis on a very good framerate with my old GeForce 8500 GT and on medium , and can run Crysis “warhead” all maxed. i dont think its because the ram or CPU, just something with the Graphic card…

maybe because i didnt install the drivers for my mobo ?

Also I forgot to mention that there are a few games that do need a good cpu to get the frame rates up, that could just be one of them. I think your card and drivers are fine, but it always good to do a fresh install.