Hollywood reaching into school classrooms to preach anti-piracy

I just posted the article Hollywood reaching into school classrooms to preach anti-piracy.

GristyMcFisty reports us that Hollywood is reaching into school classrooms as part of its campaign to thwart online music and movie piracy. The Motion Picture Association of …

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6961-Hollywood-reaching-into-school-classrooms-to-preach-anti-piracy.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6961-Hollywood-reaching-into-school-classrooms-to-preach-anti-piracy.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I pledge allegance to the…what a load of brainwashing tripe…I hope the kids don’t buy into it! :d

mpaa in a classroom… kids in the class room. Whats the difference? The kids have higher IQ,s!

we have kids haveing sex and doing drugs left and rite in this age group. we sit and no1 does nething. Sexual acts are performed in classes. we sit and point fingers. drugs, rapes, and countless other things are done, and every1 sits and does nothing. But if u dl a MP3, were restructuring schools around piracy related issues. this worlds going to heck in a handbasket, imho :r

Hhahaha Im already teaching my kid how to burn and distro, free Simba Music to the other kids. :stuck_out_tongue:

Perfect. More corporate sponsorship in our schools. :r Those kids who win free DVDs should then proceed to give away copies of them. That would be poetic.

Great now they teach kids that they can download from the net to get free stuff. Now if I remember right what happens when you tells kids not to do something? :stuck_out_tongue:

If the MPAA is going into schools that are ‘strapped for cash’ and the schools get their money from local taxes, state taxes, and federal taxes, and the state & federal is regulated based on population, then the local taxpayers are the ones who are not helping out the schools. Why? The kids parents are poor, so they can’t help the schools, this is why they are ‘strapped for cash.’ OK, so…well, the MPAA is going into poor parts of the country (or so I believe :slight_smile: where the people are going to be 1 of 3 things: 1) Too poor to buy DVDs – they have none. 2) Too poor to buy DVDs – they’re stolen. 3) Too poor to steal DVDs, no PC, or DVD player I think there might be more people in #3 than you do, and theres probably more 5th graders going without DVDs rather than stealing them (remember, DVDs are large to download, so you’d have to have a $50/mo broadband, not Netzero/AOL/etc). Badly calculated strategy.

I have a great idea!!!, instead of speading 20+ on a Music CD that sucks, why not just send your money directly to the record executives for the purchase of nothing!!! Isn’t that great? Instead of having some one else screw you out of your cash, your in direct control of screwing yourself out of your own cash!! It’s the solution we’ve all been waiting for!, Furthermore, You can help send some suit’s kids to college!!! As you can plainly see this is a win win situation that I’m sure everyone will be excited to take part in.:+

Why doesn’t sony’s electronics division just make a new stereo that takes a new format of disc and strap an LCD screen on the mother and when you play the song, you get more then just the song, you get the video, the lyrics, video’s about the band. Maybe a karakoe version of the damn songs. Too much crap to download. So maybe they record the songs into mp3 but you can’t really get the full experience unless you buy the media. Maybe if you buy two CD’s from the same band new songs unlock, and get a patent on the disc format if someone tries to manufacture computer drives that read this disc just sue the pants off them. and say no, we have a patent on that. Or would that be too complicated? The problem is the RIAA wants to make more money but they don’t want to offer more service.
[edited by chsbiking on 26.10.2003 01:27]

^^

Why doesn’t sony’s electronics division just make a new stereo that takes a new format of disc and strap an LCD screen on the mother and when you play the song, you get more then just the song, you get the video, the lyrics, video’s about the band. Maybe a karakoe version of the damn songs. Too much crap to download. So maybe they record the songs into mp3 but you can’t really get the full experience unless you buy the media.
^^ Something like that does exist. It’s called DVD-Audio, maybe you’ve heard of it?
[edited by aviationwiz on 27.10.2003 01:10]

^^

Maybe if you buy two CD’s from the same band new songs unlock, and get a patent on the disc format if someone tries to manufacture computer drives that read this disc just sue the pants off them. and say no, we have a patent on that. Or would that be too complicated? The problem is the RIAA wants to make more money but they don’t want to offer more service.
^^ You would then need to have each CD have it’s own type of disk, each time a person wanted to play that CD, they would need a new player, not to mention that you could still easily copy it. Don’t they realize that they will never stop piracy?