Hollywood getting tough on piracy

vbimport

I just posted the article Hollywood getting tough on piracy.

CatPuke and dansmug used our newssubmit to tell us about an article on MSNBC that might scare a lot of internet users. It seems that the MPAA, the organistation that should defend the rights of the…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4157-Hollywood-getting-tough-on-piracy.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4157-Hollywood-getting-tough-on-piracy.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

S U C K M Y A S S … :slight_smile: MPAA!!!

Boy, I just hope my ISP doesn’t sell me out. Time to get Six/Four. :wink:

Anyone remember: ‘New protocol will allow anonymous file sharing’ ? Because it was posted 2 days ago! :slight_smile:

how are they going to detect my IP (thus ISP) if they can’t see me!

ha ha haaa what disconnect the world we all get something of the net and if we couldnt why would we need a connection to chat and make isp rich i dont think so the internet is built around downloads and sex so thinking you can kick everyone is ridiculous we will still rip the shit out of your shit one way or another so get over it and leave us to do what we want money hungry pigs. :7

“Jacobsen, senior vice president and director of worldwide antipiracy efforts at MPAA.” Just because you make a godly amount doesn’t mean you should go into a power trip for sitting on your ass and pointing fingers. Remember without US there wouldn’t be a YOU… :4

Bloody hilarious reminds me of the club whose committee were getting rid of members they didn’t like until they were the only ones left and they didn’t have a club. Do these rsols realise the internet is nebulous, only made up of the computers connected to it at the time. while they might be stopping piracy, their jackboot tactics may also be stopping legitimate users from connecting, the result…no web…:7

Bloody hilarious reminds me of the club whose committee were getting rid of members they didn’t like until they were the only ones left and they didn’t have a club. Do these rsols realise the internet is nebulous, only made up of the computers connected to it at the time. while they might be stopping piracy, their jackboot tactics may also be stopping legitimate users from connecting, the result…no web…:7

Good. People who openly flaunt their pirating habits SHOULD be caught. Idiotically posting copyrighted works to a proprietary and open filesharing network should result in getting your net killed. Some of you self-righteous people make me sick when you think that by grabbing your movies from file-sharing networks you are partaking in some kind of holy crusade. Give me a break, you’re stealing a movie, don’t act like you’re some kind of New Age Jesus. You don’t like their way of doing business? Well then move to Vietnam and bathe in communism, because thats what capitalism is and if you don’t like it no one is holding a gun to your head making you stay in the US, Britain, or any other capitalist market you happen to be born into, certainly not the MPAA. MLS

Hey like your profile says -MLS- we “don’t care what you think so don’t bother telling” us.

If you’re going to post something try and post something constructive. I’m not trying to turn this into a flame war, just try and stick to the topic bud. MLS

Mr. Stimpy, Regardless of what you think, some of us DO care and agree with viewpoints like those of MLS. MLS, if you’re looking to avoid a flame war, this is the wrong place to do it. I’ve posted several times before, but my anti-piracy stance seems to bring out the dregs of this bunch.

Oooh, here’s a brainwave for all you movie companies who are crying like girls over your content being shared across the net … why don’t you offer legitimate downloads of your products, and then people would be able to legally download them for a fee, and you would make a nice little earner! Oh … hang on … that would work except for one reason … movie companies (like most record labels imo) are anal retentives who are not happy with customers dictating how their content should be delivered. Oh no, instead they would rather waste time shutting down illegal file sharing (which is fair enough) rather than investing in a legitimate online delivery channel. UNLESS THEY OFFER A PROPER ONLINE ALTERNATIVE AS WELL AS FIGHT ILLEGAL SHARING, THEY WILL NEVER WIN THE BATTLE.