Hollywood fears piracy may thrive in economic crisis

vbimport

Hollywood fears piracy may thrive in economic crisis

Story here http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081209/ts_alt_afp/financeeconomyusfilmindustrycounterfeitinternet

What do you think?

I think there numbers are to high, probably inflated to make things look worse than it is so the Govt. will step in harder.

I don’t believe anything they claim. We all know they are a bunch of self serving bastards that have taken everyone they work with to the cleaners for decades. Especially the members of the RIAA. Maybe if they created something original and stopped with all the remakes and sequels I might want to go to the theater again. Or if they made music that doesn’t sound like it was written by a computer program I might by a CD, or the current equivalent, again. I’m sure too that they are working an angle to get Congress to pass more legislation to stifle our rights and allow them to sue us even more than they do now. It is time for their liberal friends in Congress to give them some payback for all that campaign cash they donated.

Piracy is already thriving … among the people that can’t afford it.
But the people affected by the economic crisis wouldn’t have bought the overpriced crap anyway, so their numbers are grossly inflated :stuck_out_tongue:

I love Hollywood … half their staff has been layed off “in anticipation” of a global crisis, people are living in their cars after losing their homes, and Hollywood is worried that homeless people living under bridges in cardboard boxes may start downloading movies, or god forbid buy pirate copies of movies that they don’t have access to legally:iagree:

If anyone expects these Hollywood people to practice what they preach (i.e. compassion, giving etc.) to the rest of us then we are going to be very disappointed.

BEAN55
Hollywood should charge less for their movies like
they used to. If not they will have to deal with OSAMA BIN
OBAMA.
ZAP:bigsmile::bigsmile:

Some good points here.

Actually to me it sounded like they are getting ready to ask the Govt. for a bail out.
You know jump on the reccession band wagon and let the tax payers pay for there losses.
Like everyone else they had to inflate their numbers to get a big chunk of the bail out money.

debro

[QUOTE=debro;2177237]Piracy is already thriving … among the people that can’t afford it.
But the people affected by the economic crisis wouldn’t have bought the overpriced crap anyway, so their numbers are grossly inflated :stuck_out_tongue:

I love Hollywood … half their staff has been layed off “in anticipation” of a global crisis, people are living in their cars after losing their homes, and [U][B]Hollywood is worried that homeless people living under bridges in cardboard boxes may start downloading movies, or god forbid buy pirate copies of movies that they don’t have access to legally[/B][/U]:iagree:[/QUOTE]

It does sound kind of Ridicules doesn’t it. Them being afraid that people are going to run out and buy pirated movies when they can’t even buy enough food to live on.

[QUOTE=zap em;2177357]If not they will have to deal with OSAMA BIN
OBAMA.[/QUOTE]
The whole situation might blow-up in their faces, eh?