Hollywood appears to be in agreement to delay ICT restriction

vbimport

I just posted the article Hollywood appears to be in agreement to delay ICT restriction.

With HD  DVD already on the market and Blu-ray preparing to enter, in order to help  consumers make the transition, many content providers have decided not to use  the Image Constraint Token...
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11881-Hollywood-appears-to-be-in-agreement-to-delay-ICT-restriction.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11881-Hollywood-appears-to-be-in-agreement-to-delay-ICT-restriction.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

It’s the old "hook 'em and rell 'em in " used by drug pushers everywhere. Boycott the bastards and their new formats - it’ll be the only chance you get to hit 'em where it counts. If all their R&D goes for naught and no sales are inherent, the movie industry and the hardware vendors will have an object lesson in money wasted and who’s really the boss to remember.

They’ll just blame the pirates on their losses instead of admiting fault.

It also could be that a LARGE number of HDTVs in the US are none HDMI set ones. I should know I have a 1080i TV without one. If the ICT is used my TV will receive no better signal than the composite one it uses now. If that is true Sony would be better off replacing the current Blu-Ray on the cheap seat PS3 with a DVD one and make it undercut Xbox360… Personally I will not be purchasing the PS3 as a movie device anyway. The PS2 proved unreliable on Sony’s own DVD standard namely the DVD+R. Some would play or shudder or not at all. Ultimately I purchased a device MADE for DVDs and it works all the time. I do not see the PS3 becoming THE media center it is intended for. :r

"It also could be that a LARGE number of HDTVs in the US are none HDMI set ones. " Nah. One estimate put the number of people in this group in the USA at 3-6 million and the movie companies already said they don’t care about those people. Besides, the beauty of ICT is that it silently degrades. How many of the 3-6 million people would rave about the awesome picture quality of HD movies without even realizing they are watching a downgraded picture?

“Besides, the beauty of ICT is that it silently degrades. How many of the 3-6 million people would rave about the awesome picture quality of HD movies without even realizing they are watching a downgraded picture?” There’s lots of lemmings out there waiting for the next big thing from $ony.