Holden Commodore VZ cd player problem

vbimport

Hey guys,

How are you all doing? I’m new to this site. I would really appreciate your help to my problem.

I recently bought a Holden Commodore VZ, and I’m really having problems with its Blaupunkt CD player.

The CD player will not accept any CDs I burn. According to the manual, it will only play CD-Rs. I downloaded Burrrn, burned some songs in .cda format to a Sony CD-R, and it still wont play.

It seems that the only CDs it will play are genuine ones, and that really puts me off. Please help me guys, I want to be able to listen to my songs.

I would really appreciate your help,
Thanks

You don’t mention what model Blaupunkt you have but if you are certain it will play CD-R then: Do the Cd’s you have burned play in any other player? What burn speed are you using? What brand/model burner do you use?

I’m not sure about the model. It is the standard single disc Blaupunkt player that comes with the Commodore VZ Acclaim (2004-2006).

I burn at a minimum possible speed: from 1x to 4x. I only have 1 CD burner on my Toshiba: Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-841S 1.40.

The CDs play fine on any other CD player.

I’m wondering, does it have to do with the burning program I am using? Would I have a better chance with Nero for instance? Should I also use a different Operating System: XP instead of Vista?

[QUOTE=commodore_93;2466802]

I burn at a minimum possible speed: from 1x to 4x. I only have 1 CD burner on my Toshiba: Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-841S 1.40.

The CDs play fine on any other CD player.

I’m wondering, does it have to do with the burning program I am using? Would I have a better chance with Nero for instance? Should I also use a different Operating System: XP instead of Vista?[/QUOTE]

If the Cd’s play without problem in different players then you can rule out the OS or burning program. More likely a picky reader in the Blaupunkt. You might want to try a different brand of CD, TY media is highly regarded.

Three points to consider mate:

1. Don´t burn so slow…try 12 and 16x

2. Media: As Whappo suggested, try Taio Yuden, Verbatim, or HP CD´s. Best is if they are made in Japan or Singapore (usually), but Verbies from India may be ok according to many users here.

3. Your burner is known here as a Matshitty…a crap burner. If you don´t have any success with the above tips, try a mate´s PC with another burner (BenQ or NEC for example)

PS: What motor are you running in your Commodore?

i’d bet your blaupunkt is the issue…picky reader :slight_smile: