Hockey rink, business card or mini CD-Rs

vbimport

Hi,

I’m looking for a few (half a dozen) small CD-Rs to store some images and that can be filed away with important papers like insurance documents. I’d like for them to be injet printable. I can find them in packages of 100+ but I only need 5 or 6 of them. One site has some test samples but it doesn’t look like they’re printable. Has anyone seen these in smaller retail packages?

[QUOTE=NOTS3W;2041646]Hi,

I’m looking for a few (half a dozen) small CD-Rs to store some images and that can be filed away with important papers like insurance documents. I’d like for them to be injet printable. I can find them in packages of 100+ but I only need 5 or 6 of them. One site has some test samples but it doesn’t look like they’re printable. Has anyone seen these in smaller retail packages?[/QUOTE]I have 3 or 4 of the hockey rinks. They only hold 51/mb’s.

Mini CD-R’s are probably easier to find in smaller packages. My hockey rink discs were given to me from a friend.

[quote=Bob;2041648]I have 3 or 4 of the hockey rinks. They only hold 51/mb’s.

Mini CD-R’s are probably easier to find in smaller packages. My hockey rink discs were given to me from a friend.[/quote]

51MB is probably five times as much capacity as I need. I did find some Sony mini CD-Rs for about 50 cents apiece on Amazon. Not printable, though. :frowning:

The only problem i see is printing on the hockey rink discs. I haven’t seen a template for them with any of my apps. The ones i have are printable. Made by Ritek.

I found some printable test samples which should do the job. You make a good point about the templates, though. I use Canon’s CD Label Print and I think I can center a rectangle on the round template, create the label within those boundaries and delete the rectangle before printing. That should work.

Actually another member here and i were talking about these hockey rink discs last week. I burned one and was thinking about a template but like i said i only have 4 left.

I use an Epson R320 for printing on hub printable discs.

I used my Plextor Premium1 to burn it at 16x. It had quite a few C-1 errors for that small space. No C-2 errors at all.