Hmm... This judge rocks

A 17-year-old boy who pleaded guilty to taking part in a videotaped attack on another teenager in Pioneer Park that was shown on the Internet was sentenced Monday in Youth Court.

Mason Antonson received a probationary sentencing after admitting to charges in Youth Court related to the Feb. 28, 2008, attack that was later posted on YouTube.

Judge G. Todd Baugh sentenced Antonson to probation until his 21st birthday for aggravated assault. Baugh warned the teenager that he could end up in prison unless he makes a “dramatic change” in his behavior.

Antonson has several prior convictions as a juvenile, and the judge noted that he turns 18 in April. Youth probation sentences are transferred to adult probation services at age 18.

“You’re not going to make it in prison,” the judge said. “You’re too young, not big enough and you look like a girl,” he told the boy, whose long brown hair was partially bleached.

Rest of the article available here.

Basically, he just slapped the kid on the hand from what I see. He has several previous convictions and he walks out of court one more time to be free to do it again. Maybe if he did some hard time in jail he wouldn’t want to come back. I don’t have much sympathy for people that commit violent crimes. It is ironic that the judicial system will $hit hammer a kid for having a little bit of pot and then let another one off for assault.

[QUOTE=UTR;2211844]…I don’t have much sympathy for people that commit violent crimes. It is ironic that the judicial system will $hit hammer a kid for having a little bit of pot and then let another one off for assault.[/QUOTE]

Whoa…This has to be a first…We finally agree on something…:eek:
Had I been the judge, that little prick would have been rooming with Bubba and had an opportunity to see how tough he really was without the support of his friends…

Had he gone to jail ( I used to work for the FCI) he would have ended up with a number 9 you know what. He would have had a bright future as a drug courier as he could easily stuffed a kilo bag up there. If he was black he would have gone to jail, pretty or not. Racism in the judicial system is ripe. Look at Senator Daschle, if any Black of Hispanic or Trailer Trash ( must be inclusive and fair, there is a class system you know)would have forgotten to pay that much tax we’d be in jail while they investigated the charges.

[QUOTE=pipemanid;2211850]Whoa…This has to be a first…We finally agree on something…:eek:
Had I been the judge, that little prick would have been rooming with Bubba and had an opportunity to see how tough he really was without the support of his friends…[/QUOTE]

I have been saying that I am actually fairly liberal on many social issues. I guess no one believes me. :sad: OTOH, I am fairly conservative on fiscal and national security issues.

Zathros this is not about Senator Dashle not that I have any love for him, but you are also wrong it stating that if any black or Hispanic or trailer trash had forgotten to pay that much tax we would be in jail.
The link below is to an article about the actor Snipes getting off without going to jail and his tax deal was far worse. He was black

Actor Snipes gets three years prison for not filing taxes

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5i944RJhXXMqQyuZPYaNao9vdxqUA

Had you said poor black,white,Hispanic or trailer trash then I would agree.
I do agree this kid should have spent time in Jail.

The Snipes deal was a lot different than Dashle’s. Snipes put up the argument that he didn’t have to pay ANY tax and it was his Constitutional right to do so. We all know where this kind of argument ends. Considering the charges, Snipes got off easy only getting three years. He wasn’t convicted of the most serious charges against him.

What really bothers me about these nominees is that they weren’t charged any penalties. Anyone that has had a run-in with the IRS will see a penalty in almost every situation. These SOBs Obama has nominated should be hit with penalties that mean something, IMO.

[QUOTE=samlar;2211942]Zathros this is not about Senator Dashle not that I have any love for him, but you are also wrong it stating that if any black or Hispanic or trailer trash had forgotten to pay that much tax we would be in jail.
The link below is to an article about the actor Snipes getting off without going to jail and his tax deal was far worse. He was black

Actor Snipes gets three years prison for not filing taxes

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5i944RJhXXMqQyuZPYaNao9vdxqUA

Had you said poor black,white,Hispanic or trailer trash then I would agree.
I do agree this kid should have spent time in Jail.[/QUOTE]

You’re right. Snipes isn’t a normal person either. He’s one of those celebs who think the law doesn’t apply to him. He got off way too light. He is part of the class system I refer too. That system transcends racial issues a lot of the times. Money talks Bullshi@t walks.
I was not trying to turn it into a racial issue, it just seems like poorer people get screwed more when it comes to things like this, and as you may have picked up from my other posts I am not very eloquent when it comes to posting. Sometimes what I think does not make it to my fingers but I accept your correction and is is completely in line with what I was thinking.
He ran an add stating he drove his 17 year old Chevy to work every day when in fact he was chauffeured in a Cadillac, it was that service he did not deduct. Makes you wonder what else he forgot. I mean, if you forget a chauffeur drives you to work everyday you must be a little daft upstarts, or a liar.

p.s. They should be fined up the wazuu, made examples of what happens to government people in high places who do these kind of crimes. Yes, a life long career in the Senate gone because your a tax cheat.

I agree

[QUOTE=Randomus;2211839]Rest of the article available here.[/QUOTE]

Guess that kid didn’t get the memo that showing the entire world your beating up someone is not a bright idea.

:rolleyes:

RANDOMOUS
HMM! Was i t here in CALIFORNIA? If it was I would not
be surprised we have the craziest judges here in the bay
area . Especially the ninth circuit court of appeals in SAN FRANCISCO
the most overturned court in the whole country.
ZAP.:bigsmile::iagree:

[QUOTE=zap em;2214187] Was i t here in CALIFORNIA? [/QUOTE]

Had you bothered to read the article :eek: you would have seen it was Montana…

PIPEMANID
Sorry. I still think the judge relocated from
here.
ZAP.:bigsmile: