Hmm help after updating

vbimport

Hey everyone! I have been using DVDfab platinum and after the update to whatever the current version is I keep getting the error message: no media in drive E: please insert media…this happens while trying to copy from DVD to the hardrive. It also does this when i try to burn using the customize and split. The quality using main movie and full movie has been reduced greatly. I tried hooking up a pioneer 115d writer vs. the samsung and it didnt help at all. I unistalled using the “clean” unistall method from a member sig line (cant remember who :slight_smile: ) any ideas? I am by far NOT a computer guru but im sure i can figure out suggestions thrown my way.
This is running on vista just in case that makes a difference in anyway
Thanks for your time!
Please let me know if you need any other info.

yuden000t02 media used when burning

Nevermind. I got it figured out :slight_smile: I had to clean uninstall it again and redownload. works fine now.

Well that’s great madwi ! And welcome to DVDFab. Generally the best lessons are self taught, lol. Happy Burning !! ~ Mike

[QUOTE=madwi;2029389]Nevermind. I got it figured out :slight_smile: I had to clean uninstall it again and redownload. works fine now.[/QUOTE]

Glad the clean uninstall helped you out :clap:

I have had the EXACT same problem. Many of the freaks & senior members have told me in no uncertain terms that it’s because of my drive firmware, write speed, or media, amongst a few other peculiar things. They have also said, in no uncertain terms, that there are no bugs in the software, and that the problem is somehow my doing. Just thought I should share that with you, so you can decide if you want to read my suggestions.

This is the error I get:
[B]
Can’t set write parameters mode page. Code 05 26 00 [Illegal request, Invalid field in Parameter list][/B]

I experienced the problem after updating from version 4.0.3.6, and with every new update since then. I’ve read a couple of posts by guys who had a similar problem after switching to the paid/registered version of the software.

I’ve gotten the program to work once or twice by removing the program and then reinstalling it:

• Uninstall DVDFab via [B]Control Panel\Add or Remove Programs[/B]
• Delete [B]C:\Program Files\DVDFab Platinum 4[/B] folder
• Open [B]C:\Documents and Settings[MY ACCOUNT]\Application Data[/B] and delete the four [B]PCOUFFIN[/B] files
• Delete the [B]My Documents\DVDFab[/B] folder and the [B]My Documents\PCSETUP[/B] folder
• Empty the Recycle Bin
• Delete all Registry entries related to DVDFab using [B]Regedit[/B]
• Download and install latest version of the software
• Set the write speed to 8x (although this probably doesn’t matter, as the program alters speed as necessary on the fly)

Again, the program will only work a couple of times after doing this, then it stops writing again. Although, since it does work at least once every time I do this, there really isn’t any way the problem could be the media, since a reinstall produces a successful burn so predictably.

I’ve read that you can get it to burn by closing the program, rebooting the computer, restarting the program, loading the burned files, and trying to burn again. Just restarting the program itself doesn’t help any.

You could also download DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter (or ImgBurn), and use these outstanding programs to actually burn your discs. I’ve never had a media problem with any of those programs.

Hope that helps.

Well, If you have"EXACT same problem", then his fix should work for you, right?

[QUOTE=teh roxxors;2030344]I predictably.

I’ve read that you can get it to burn by closing the program, rebooting the computer, restarting the program, loading the burned files, and trying to burn again. Just restarting the program itself doesn’t help any.

You could also download [B]DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter (or ImgBurn), [/B]and use these outstanding programs to actually burn your discs. I’ve never had a media problem with any of those programs.

Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]
You are right those thre programs are great tools to have in you tolbox :iagree: Since you have ImgBurn on you system ,…have you tryed using it as the burn engine :smiley:
And as far as the Bug’s …well I can’t remember any software program NOT having bug’s,///but…a lote of bugs can be fixed with a few system changes

Like with Nero and Roxio having issues with other burning software,…those problems can be fixed by stopping nero filter and the roxio startup files
anyway that is another problem and off topic :eek:

[QUOTE=~Jethro~;2030394]Well, If you have"EXACT same problem", then his fix should work for you, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the “fix” works for one or two burns, then the program won’t burn any more. Similarly, I posted that the software was working fine after reinstalling. My announcing a solution was premature, because the problem returned just a few days later.

I won’t be surprised if his problem comes back in a few days.

[QUOTE=teh roxxors;2030424]Yes, the “fix” works for one or two burns, then the program won’t burn any more. Similarly, I posted that the software was working fine after reinstalling. My announcing a solution was premature, because the problem returned just a few days later.

I won’t be surprised if his problem comes back in a few days.[/QUOTE]

what anti virus are you using? did you disable it before installing dvdfab? some antivirus programs conflict with the installation process of dvdfab. Do a clean uninstall, redownload and save somewhere on computer same for your reg key. disable anivirus and reinstall dvdfab and hopefully this will fix your problems.

Same Case for me…

I was using the trial versions of DVDFAB GOLD for 30 days and
used DVDFAB Premium for another 20++ days without any
burning problems, errors or hiccups.

Mind you… I used the same Media (TDK and Maxell) had the
settings defaults (did not touch any of the settings except the
WRITE (chosing between different burn engines) . I played with
the Split, customized, datas, Main and Full modes…all worked
without any problems.

Of a set of 10 disks, not 1 wasted. That is a 100%.

The trial version worked so well and I was very impressed with
the programs, so impressed that I exactly tried both GOLD and
Premium version. Also, I told my friend (who are also interested
in purchasing…but hestiated…she wanted me to buy it first).
As the premium trial period was about to expire, I purchased it.
I told myself that I am so proud of what I have done and really
was very positive on the program.

I did not use it immediately after buying it, ( I was out of town).
When I returned, I downloaded the latest paid version of
DVDFAB Premium, gotten the Reg Key and proceed as per
normal.

The first disk was :- Harry Porter (the latest titled…can’t
remember). FAILED to burn in FULL mode, I thought,
Hmmmm…Perhaps the settings were wrong and proceeded with
burning, it again, but this time I change the DVD mode from
FULL to Main, it worked. So I thought really did not cared so
much about it.

For your information, Idid not change and configurations or
added any programs…My PC was the same as when I was
using the trial versions.
Above is just one of the examples of the problems I had after
burning.
After purchasing DVDFAB Premium, the results was about 40%
Failed. Out of 10 movies (including…DVDs for Barney, the
purple dinosaur, Pokey Mon cartoons, Hi-5…kids program &
some other movies…all are DVD9s). Some failed…even the
cartooms and kids programs!

I contacted the CDFREAK forum although, not every time there
are failure, on my part, I was lazy, but the other, I did not have
time (need to work).

Anyhow, to cut the story short… The program failed
"sometimes" after purchasing and was working excellently in
the trial period. It would a what I call a “marketing strategy”,
whereby the program will worked very well during the trial
period, so that the user will buy the programs, however, after
purchasing, (ie :- after key registeration) the program “tends to
weaken”. I have experience many times before when purchasing
downloaded softwares.

On the positive side, DVDFAB has life time FREE upgrade
(provided…they will continue that policy or existance), and
good, friendly and technical people at CDFREAKS.

I have yet to burn any movies in the passed 2 weeks (too busy).
However, I will still use DVDFAB to burn, I am certain that I will
face some BURN FAILURE issues…at which I shall return.

Thank you.

I did turn off AVG on the second time around installing just to be on the safe side. I went thru about 10 coasters before i got around to the second install :doh: but i guess it was the excuse i needed to buy more media :slight_smile:

Thanks stormjumper for the link in your sig :slight_smile: i was trying to give you credit when i first posted but just couldnt remember your name :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=madwi;2030639]I did turn off AVG on the second time around installing just to be on the safe side. I went thru about 10 coasters before i got around to the second install :doh: but i guess it was the excuse i needed to buy more media :slight_smile:

Thanks stormjumper for the link in your sig :slight_smile: i was trying to give you credit when i first posted but just couldnt remember your name :)[/QUOTE]

Hi madwi
Always glad to see new members :flower: I glad you got it all fixed:clap:

[QUOTE=Sea Monster;2030477]
Anyhow, to cut the story short… The program failed
"sometimes" after purchasing and was working excellently in
the trial period. It would a what I call a “marketing strategy”,
whereby the program will worked very well during the trial
period, so that the user will buy the programs, however, after
purchasing, (ie :- after key registeration) the program “tends to
weaken”. I have experience many times before when purchasing
downloaded softwares.
Thank you.[/QUOTE]

that makes no sense. entering a registration key does not change the program code in any way, except to remove the 30 day limit.