Hl-dt-st rw/dvd cd-rom

vbimport

i installed vista on my computer and after that my CD drive wouldn’t load see any DVD cd but can see cd I put as Audio Cd you can hear the drive start up like its trying to read the CD but it play dvd . i would really appreciate any help.

Look for the link in my signature that says [I]Microsoft support for optical drives[/I]. Click on it and follow the instructions at that site.

If that doesn’t solve the problem, come back and let us know.

I have tried this link, Look for the link in my signature that says Microsoft support for optical drives. Click on it and follow the instructions at that site. And still the CD-ROM can’t play or see video cd

I seem to be having some problems deciphering what your problem consists of here, so lets go through a checklist.

1. Does the drive play cds of any type? Can you put a cd in the drive, right click on the drive icon in My Computer and explore the contents of the disk?

2. Does the drive play dvds of any type? Can you explore a dvd data disk or play a commercially made dvd movie with it?

3. What operating system are you using? Edit…nevermind. I see from your first post it is Windows Vista.

4. What are you using for playback of video or audio? If you don’t have software for playing commercial dvds on the computer, try VLC: www.videolan.org

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2543105]I seem to be having some problems deciphering what your problem consists of here, so lets go through a checklist.

1. Does the drive play cds of any type? Can you put a cd in the drive, right click on the drive icon in My Computer and explore the contents of the disk?

2. Does the drive play dvds of any type? Can you explore a dvd data disk or play a commercially made dvd movie with it?

3. What operating system are you using? Edit…nevermind. I see from your first post it is Windows Vista.

4. What are you using for playback of video or audio? If you don’t have software for playing commercial dvds on the computer, try VLC: www.videolan.org[/QUOTE] Hi, the drive can’t play dvd or audio cd but it takes cd whether it is dvd or audio it sees it as audio and cannot play any either commercial or home video. Thanks.

The cd-rom can see any cd I put either video or audio as audio cd and can’t play commercial or home video either of the two . Thanks.

Hi zomtim

It sounds like the drive is going or gone belly up, however have you tried uninstalling the drive in device manager then re-starting the system ? the operating system will re-install it.