Hl-dt-st Gsa-h73

My dad recently got a new dell computer and this burner came with it. Anyone know if any firmware exists for this drive? The stock firmware isn’t very good.

Is this drive crossflashable to any other drive? Just flashed the most recent firmware on it, but it still verifies at 0.8x speed

Post the result of the Nero CD-DVD Speed burst transfer test, you need a disk with some data in the drive to run the test.
Check the DMA settings of your source and target drive.

DMA is enabled, yet my speeds are quite awful. Riplock perhaps?

Similar burst speeds compared to my pioneer, but the read speed is slow as anything

Apply the MCSE riplock patch.

I was a bit hesitant to play with MCSE at first since it didn’t say my drive was supported, but everything seems ok, thanks!

The current release was already prepared to handle the H73 and I checked it with the latest Dell firmware before I advised you to use MCSE to patch it :slight_smile:

I know that LG drives aren’t the best scanners, but any idea why it only runs at 0.45x?

Certainly not the prettiest scan, but I’d still like any insight why it runs turtle-like

[QUOTE=Homeless;2043303]I know that LG drives aren’t the best scanners, but any idea why it only runs at 0.45x?[/QUOTE]
You have luck that it can scan at all. Probably the drive can not scan at higher speeds. I did not even know that LG Panasonic drives can scan. Just tried a E60 (external H55) and a H73 and they both scan at this slow speed.

Wow! LG’s scanning! What’s next? Bush quitting Iraq?