Hl-dt-st-gcr-8480 b

Hi! everyone.How do I find the name of my cdrom. I went to the hardware manger and only found it to be standard. It is listed as a hl-dt-st-gcr 8480b. It won’t recgonize blank media. When i try to download to it ,it doesn’t recgonize the media. also i have no send to. It’s running xp pro.:confused:

[QUOTE=grillfire;2241927]Hi! everyone.How do I find the name of my cdrom. I went to the hardware manger and only found it to be standard. It is listed as a hl-dt-st-gcr 8480b. It won’t recgonize blank media. When i try to download to it ,it doesn’t recgonize the media. also i have no send to. It’s running xp pro.:confused:[/QUOTE]

AFAIK, this is a CD-ROM.
No use with blank media…

I know this is a late post but I wanted to contribute in case anyone else stumbled upon this thread with similar questions.

GCR-8480B is not a cd-writer (burner), it is only a cd-reader. It is not capable of burning (writing) to ANY blank media whatsoever, it is only used to read from CD media (Data/Audio) which already contains data, it does not support reading or writing ANY form of DVD or Blu-Ray media.