HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H20L doesn't read DL DVDs

I have a HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H20L that came with my desktop that I’ve had for some time now. The problem is that the DVD drive doesn’t read any dual layer dvds but reads and burns everything else fine. I’m using Memorex DL+R DVDs. I know these DVDs are fine becuase I’vebeen able to use these same DVDs on my friend’s desktop and they burn and work fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

[QUOTE=AznDragon405;2287144]I have a HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H20L that came with my desktop that I’ve had for some time now. The problem is that the DVD drive doesn’t read any dual layer dvds but reads and burns everything else fine. I’m using Memorex DL+R DVDs. [B]I know these DVDs are fine becuase I’vebeen able to use these same DVDs on my friend’s desktop and they burn and work fine.[/B] Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Contrary, these DLs are crap and absolutely unreliable!

well the quality of the DLs maybe crap but I know they work.

[QUOTE=AznDragon405;2288469]well the quality of the DLs maybe crap but I know they work.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, LOL, then why dont they do work??

I don’t know… maybe the drive is at fault since the DVDs work on a different computer made from the same company and same model drive? :rolleyes::rolleyes::bigsmile:

“different computer” is the key here.