Hl-dt-st Dvd Ram Gsa 4082b

Hi,

I really do hope someone can help me here.

Everything was working fine with this drive, burning DVD’s and CD’s. But i dont know what i’ve done but it wont recognize any disk now. Blank CD/DVD, Music CD or Film DVD.

Tried uninstalling it then letting windows reinstall new hardware. Tried updating Firware, now at A209. But just cant get the damned thing to find any disk in the drive.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Just some info.

Using Win XP Home Edition SP2
AMD Athlon XP2600+
512MB Ram

I have one DVD drive (DVD 16x OEM316B) - Which does work :smiley:
And then the HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA 4082B - which doesn’t work :doh:

:doh:

Was working a few days ago. Haven’t installed any new software.

See if the problem is in the drive or somewhere else, by removing the LG and testing it in another computer, if you can. Else, too many factors - does not compute… :slight_smile:

Do as Xterminator suggested, there is no better way to find out.

I’ve just had this problem too. Reads and burns everything EXCEPT it will not read a DVD-RAM disc. If I pop in a DVD-RAM, Windows Explorer thinks I have a CD Drive instead of a DVD-RAM drive and if I use my TMPEnc 1.6 software to try and open, I get the message “VIDEO_TS.IFO can not be opened”.

I’m stuck for answers!

I suppose you are trying to open a movie recorded with a standalone. You need a program that supports the format of such a recording, for instance TMPGEnc DVD Author.

Peeps, I have all the correct software and all used to work fine. Since my post yesterday, my drive refuses to ‘see’ ANY type of disc I put in the tray now. Won’t even recognise a standard music CD. :a

The tray opens/closes fine. Perhaps my drive is up the swanny? :confused:

Any suggestions anyone? For the sake of £35, I’m tempted to reduce my frustrations and buy a LG GSA-4167B to see if that solves my problems.

The drive came as standard in my Acer Aspire RC500 and I’m just outside of my warranty. Acer aren’t particularly helpful either! They want me to do a System Recovery but I am not able to do this as the drive won’t read anything.

Suggestions anyone? :confused:

got same probs, any help would be appreciated although I think I’m gonna have to to get a new DVD burner, not LG!!

[QUOTE=Geraldlewis;1160201]Hi,

I really do hope someone can help me here.

Everything was working fine with this drive, burning DVD’s and CD’s. But i dont know what i’ve done but it wont recognize any disk now. Blank CD/DVD, Music CD or Film DVD.

Tried uninstalling it then letting windows reinstall new hardware. Tried updating Firware, now at A209. But just cant get the damned thing to find any disk in the drive.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:[/QUOTE]

Please has anyone out there solved this issue?

I have the exact same problem with the exact same burner.

yeah i had this same problem and i came to the conclusion that its broke and im buying new one. there not all that expencive but before you do that make sure its broke. delete upper and lower filters in registry (google your problem you’ll find it) go to devise manager and update drivers (sometimes there will be an error look for the !) uninstall the drive in devise manager and restart. if none of this work download linux ubuntu and burn it to a CD (on another comp obviously) and boot from disk. if all this fails its most likely broken so open your comp and remove the drive (be careful you dont want to turn this minor expence into buying a whole new comp) take the drive apart and clean the lens. this might fix it. if not buy a new drive. you could also buy an external CD/DVD drive if you dont wanna open your comp.