HL-DT-ST BD-RE BT10N GL02 firmware

vbimport

Hi, I would like to know if there is a way to flash this slim drive to a RPC1.
Thanks is advance

Not sure that your drive is supported by MCSE. you can always wait for an answer from ala42, or you can post your question in the MCSE thread.

@vroom: thank you for your answer, but first I need to know if there is a GL02 firmware where can I download and try. Do you know where can I get this firmware?
thank you again

You can look here, but dont be surprised if there isn’t a new firmware for your drive. LG doesn’t update their firmware that often.

Thank you vroom, at this time I will be happy if I can get at least the GL02 firmware…

Hi vroom, I look in the list you gave me and I could’nt find any reference to BT10N.
Thank you anyway

Hi,

slim drives get lousy firmware support from the original manufacturer since they are usually targeted to computer manufacturers who are supposed to give support (instead of the component maker). So, best source would be the support website of your computer’s manufacturer.

Michael

[QUOTE=HFW;2589401]Thank you vroom, at this time I will be happy if I can get at least the GL02 firmware…[/QUOTE]

There aren’t any firmwares available for this drive as far as I can tell, but if the drive is based on a Renesas chipset (which is likely to be the case) then you can use DevilsClaw’s Flasher (http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46137) to dump the firmware from your drive (both the core and the main parts) and share it with us.

Try it and see. If it works then you’re lucky and there might be a chance that ala42 will add support for it in MCSE once the firmware dump is available.

If the program gives an error along the lines of ‘pattern not found’ while you try to dump the firmware, then the drive uses a Panasonic chipset and you’re out of luck, since there are no tools available to dump the firmware from such drives and you’ll have to wait until a firmware becomes available (and that might take quite a while).

@cvs. Woaw, thank you for your answer. I was able to dump:cool: the main and the core firmwares using the flasher. How could I upload those files to the forum? I have no accounts in rapidshare, megaupload, etc.
I was able to read the main_firmware.bin with ala42’s MediaCodeSpeedEdit 1.2.0.9:iagree:. The options for Drive settings were greyed out.
Thank you in advance

[QUOTE=HFW;2589871]@cvs. Woaw, thank you for your answer. I was able to dump:cool: the main and the core firmwares using the flasher. How could I upload those files to the forum? I have no accounts in rapidshare, megaupload, etc.
I was able to read the main_firmware.bin with ala42’s MediaCodeSpeedEdit 1.2.0.9:iagree:. The options for Drive settings were greyed out.
Thank you in advance[/QUOTE]

Excellent, its a Renesas drive then, so there’s hope for some ala42 magic :wink:
Zip the files up and upload the file to www.mediafire.com. You don’t need an account to use them.

Hi cvs> I uploaded the files onto mediafire. This is the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6v66p68c42rdpua
Hope this help.
Thank you again

Hi, HFW!

Attempted to download the firmware from mediafire but the file is no longer available. Possibly it had been deleted. Could you please upload the file again?

Thanks,

[QUOTE=tekno55;2681603]Hi, HFW!

Attempted to download the firmware from mediafire but the file is no longer available. Possibly it had been deleted. Could you please upload the file again?

Thanks,[/QUOTE]

What firmware does your drive currently have?

[QUOTE=cvs;2681681]What firmware does your drive currently have?[/QUOTE]

Actually I have not bought this drive yet since I have no idea if this firmware tweakable with MCSE or not. Also I wanted to know which item can be tweaked like read speed or RPC1. I just wanted to test the items before I buy it. Therefore I wanted to have the firmware now.

[QUOTE=tekno55;2681705]Actually I have not bought this drive yet since I have no idea if this firmware tweakable with MCSE or not. Also I wanted to know which item can be tweaked like read speed or RPC1. I just wanted to test the items before I buy it. Therefore I wanted to have the firmware now.[/QUOTE]

MCSE doesn’t support this drive yet.

[QUOTE=cvs;2681923]MCSE doesn’t support this drive yet.[/QUOTE]

Thanks you. I think it is better to buy pioneer’s drive though it is not cheap.