HL-DT DVDRAM GSA-H42N can't read cd

vbimport

The drive worked fine until 2 weeks ago it doesn’t want to read cd’s i updated firmwire,reinstalled windows,changed the cd’s i’m running out of ideas .Please help
Thank you in advance.

Hi and Welcome!

can you boot up your computer using a bootable CD with that drive?

Michael

Yes i can boot from it, its not from the dvd drive i think. I changed some settings dmd/pio in device manager at atapi/ide and got it to play audio cd’s but it dosen’t even play them.

[QUOTE=vorg12;2565032]Yes i can boot from it, its not from the dvd drive i think. I changed some settings dmd/pio in device manager at atapi/ide [B]and got it to play audio cd’s but it dosen’t even play them[/B].[/QUOTE]

Huh?

Do you mean recognize or play?

[QUOTE=vorg12;2565032]Yes i can boot from it, its not from the dvd drive i think. I changed some settings dmd/pio in device manager at atapi/ide and got it to play audio cd’s but it dosen’t even play them.[/QUOTE]Then try this please: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems/

Michael

Thank you very much i tried i tried and it doesn’t work.Yes it was playng them but know when i insert a cd it doesn’t show anything from the disk.But i noticed something i when there is no disk in the drive the drive is shown as DVD ROM DRIVE then when i insert the disk it transforms in CD drive, there is a trouble with windows.

Wrong!

That’s a feature of windows, we call it bug.

Yea i admit i was wrong!:iagree::slight_smile: