The things I changed from the coasters I made was the media, I updated the firmware on the Plextor, Read with Cone CD both Sub Channels. Read at Max, Wrote at 4x. LIke I said I did not think that it would work. I knew going into the backup that Clone would probably make a coaster with Securom “New” so I had been trying it with BlindWrite, but I made coasters. So I thought to give Clone a try.
It worked to my suprise. I read the image with the PLextor 2410a and wrote with this drive. Have working coipies of both Hitman 2 and Arx Fatalis both Securom 4.8xxx.
The Blindwrite copy I kept that I did not toss out is now working. I had to keep restarting it for about 20 minutes in different drives, then Wham! it started up. I did use a .BWA with the burn that the plextor made. I do have to use Hide CDR with it in the burner, but not in DVD or CDroms.
I used the Profile that the CCD Proiler said to use in Clone cd, the one it puts there. That is what I did.
I am going to try it again as a test tonight if I can and see if I can reproduce this. Let yaa’ all know what happens. I’ll try to remember to save the log.
It may not be 1:1 perfect, but it works!! I hate to use the originals, especially since I have teens that bring their friends over who could not care less about my games, but toss them around and scratch them up.