HITMAN2 secuROM 4.83 help!

info:
ASUS CDRW4816A rev1.0
HITMAN2 secuROM 4.83
CloneCD v4.1

I used the secuROM profile to “read from file”, and mounted the CCD image using cloneCD virtual drive, and the game did not work (it requires the original cd). This suggests to me that writing to a blank CDR will probably not work either, but im doing it anyway as i speak.

can anyone give me some tips?

Regards
noboundary

well it might just be a coster it some time’s work and some time’s it don’t … try slower speed… and i’m sure u’ll get it working…

update:

i burnt the image at 4x, and it failed to read it properly - endless spining.

Can u control how fast it reads the source? there doesnt seem to be an option as you get when writing.

regards
noboundary.

Hitman 2 has the new securerom protection on it, which checks physical parameters of the cd.

You need to use blindwrite’s BWA builder, to get a BWA file of your cd, and name it the same as your image file then run the twinpeaks tool (do a search of this forum) to alter the image so that its physical parameters match those of the original.
Then you should be able to burn it to a cd and get it to work.

If you want to emulate it then Id suggest using daemon tools, and get the MDS file for hitman 2 off the daemon tools website.
Alcohol 120% is also able to emulate this protection.

2 hard! must be an easier way.

could you go through the steps more throughy?

regards
noboundary

@noboundary : Ermmm dude ! do a search, or look at the blindwrite subforum, there are about 30 threads about what you ask !
Read there a bit !

Peace !

i have copied the game with clone cd 4.1.0.1
and t liteon cd 40125s

and it works just fine!!!

butt >> i have a (?)
when i tri to instal it on my lap top with cd 24x
it is toooooooo slow and i canceled it but with my pc it instales
perfect !!!
is the proplem with my copy or not???:confused: :confused:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58959

i tired this guys tutorial with my liteon and it worked i also tried it with hitman 2, i now have a succssefull way of buring the new “securom” protection

Originally posted by yazeed000
[B]i have copied the game with clone cd 4.1.0.1
and t liteon cd 40125s

and it works just fine!!!

butt >> i have a (?)
when i tri to instal it on my lap top with cd 24x
it is toooooooo slow and i canceled it but with my pc it instales
perfect !!!
is the proplem with my copy or not???:confused: :confused: [/B]
Erm, I just noticed this. You have a CloneCD-made working backup of Hitman 2! :eek:

Originally posted by FutureProof
Erm, I just noticed this. You have a CloneCD-made working backup of Hitman 2! :eek:

Well there have been reports of the occasional fluke with this title as well as with UT 2003. Whether those reports have been reliable or, in fact, are copies of previously cracked or patched versions is another matter though.

I have made a backup using clonecd with my asus 32x writer.
is there something wrong with your profile then?

Originally posted by t111645
I have made a backup using clonecd with my asus 32x writer.
is there something wrong with your profile then?

It can’t be protected by SecuROM 4.8x

Can you post a read log?

1:08:37 PM CloneCD Version 4.2.0.1 started!
1:08:37 PM ElbyCDIO Driver 4.2.0.0
1:08:37 PM ElbyCDIO.dll 4.2.0.1
1:08:37 PM CCDDriver.dll 4.2.0.1
1:08:37 PM ElbyECC.dll 4.0.0.0
1:08:37 PM Registered to: Randal Dudley Dudley
1:08:37 PM Searching for SCSI/ATAPI devices…
1:08:37 PM Device Scan found 2 CD-ROMs and 1 CD-Writers!
1:08:52 PM Starting copy from ASUS CRW3212A to C:\IMAGE.CCD
1:08:52 PM Read Speed for Data Tracks: Maximum
1:08:52 PM Read Speed for Audio Tracks: Maximum
1:08:52 PM Read SubChannel Data from Data Tracks: Yes
1:08:52 PM Read SubChannel Data from Audio Tracks: Yes
1:08:52 PM Fast Error Skip: Yes
1:08:52 PM Don’t report read errors: No
1:08:52 PM Intelligent Bad Sector Scanner: Yes
1:08:52 PM CD contains CD-Text: No
1:08:52 PM Reading Track 1… (Blocks 0-275268)
1:10:58 PM Duration of operation: 00:02:05
1:10:58 PM Average Speed: 5167 kBytes/s (29.36)
1:10:58 PM Reading finished!
1:14:20 PM Starting copy from C:\IMAGE.CCD to ASUS CRW3212A
1:14:20 PM Write Speed: 32x
1:14:20 PM Don’t repair SubChannel Data: No
1:14:20 PM Weak Sectors: Ignore
1:14:20 PM Write Simulation: No
1:14:20 PM Buffer Underrun Protection: Yes
1:14:21 PM Writing Session 1 LeadIn…
1:14:39 PM Writing Session 1 image file…
1:17:33 PM Writing Session 1 LeadOut…
1:17:36 PM Flushing buffers…
1:17:36 PM Duration of operation: 00:03:14
1:17:36 PM Average Speed: 3535 kBytes/s (20.09)
1:17:37 PM Writing finished!

I also have made Securom New 4.83 copies of Hitmam 2 and Arx Fatalis uisng Clone CD 4.2. BlindWrite just made coasters, even with .BWA and Twin Peaks. It crashed my burner everytime.

I used the new Clony and the Profiler, then started Clone CD and it burned ithem and they work in all my drives and computers. I still use HIde CDR for the Burners only.

This new version of CLone CD is Very tight.

Olli writes great code, very clean. It was simple.
I was very suprised myself and no I did not crack my image or game. I just used original CD.

It can be done. I changed Media and now I use only Memorex Black CDs. They are the best.:bow: :smiley:

…i can´t believe :eek: :eek: :eek:

sure???

I thought this version is not able to do it yet!

@ Olli:

Is this already possible?

I used the new Clony and the Profiler, then started Clone CD and it burned ithem and they work in all my drives and computers. I still use HIde CDR for the Burners only.

What’s Clony? do you mean Clone CD? and what’s Profiler?:confused:

Noboundary- Clony is a Copy protection scanner the profiler is also part of Clony, tells you how to set Clone CD, like hte CLone CD Profiles do. I’m sure there is a link somewhere on this forum for it do a search.

I was very suprised that it worked. I always try to burn my CDs with more than on proggie just to see what works best. I did expect the Blindwrite copy to work and not the CloneCD one, but the Clone CD copy works. Read and wrote with Plextor 2410a frimware 1.04. The copy I burned with BW of Arx Fatalis does work now. I had to keep starting it over and over, but it finally took.

I love Clone Cd it has been my fav for a long time. Now I know why.:bow: :bow: :bow:

I also like BLindWrite as well very much, but it requires more steps to do the burn. But great software as well:D

if it works then someone should come up with a profile for secuROM 4.83.

who is it going to be?

you probably know the setting your self.

@ CShark

quote:

“I also have made Securom New 4.83 copies of Hitmam 2 and Arx Fatalis uisng Clone CD 4.2. BlindWrite just made coasters…”

and

"The copy I burned with BW of Arx Fatalis does work now. "

"I changed Media and now I use only Memorex Black CDs. "

Other media don´t work?

What have you changed at your successful attempt?

The things I changed from the coasters I made was the media, I updated the firmware on the Plextor, Read with Cone CD both Sub Channels. Read at Max, Wrote at 4x. LIke I said I did not think that it would work. I knew going into the backup that Clone would probably make a coaster with Securom “New” so I had been trying it with BlindWrite, but I made coasters. So I thought to give Clone a try.

It worked to my suprise. I read the image with the PLextor 2410a and wrote with this drive. Have working coipies of both Hitman 2 and Arx Fatalis both Securom 4.8xxx.

The Blindwrite copy I kept that I did not toss out is now working. I had to keep restarting it for about 20 minutes in different drives, then Wham! it started up. I did use a .BWA with the burn that the plextor made. I do have to use Hide CDR with it in the burner, but not in DVD or CDroms.

I used the Profile that the CCD Proiler said to use in Clone cd, the one it puts there. That is what I did.

I am going to try it again as a test tonight if I can and see if I can reproduce this. Let yaa’ all know what happens. I’ll try to remember to save the log.

It may not be 1:1 perfect, but it works!!:bow: :slight_smile: I hate to use the originals, especially since I have teens that bring their friends over who could not care less about my games, but toss them around and scratch them up.