Hitman + safedisc 2 + playbackup

vbimport

i tried to copy hitman with the latest version of clone cd and a yamaha8424S, which supports raw-dao, but i wasn´t able to play the copied game. i tried different preferences in clone cd to disable safedisc but i didn´t work. now i made an image with clone cd and fixed it with playbackup and it runs now (only when the playbackup driver is enabled).
is there any other way to make a backup of hitman, does my cd-rom may have any problems with reading backuped cds? or do i have to play the cds with my yamaha ???

Hitman uses SafeDisc 2. This protection has weak error sectors on the original CD which makes it hard to copy. There are some burners which can do it but a lot can’t. Here’s where PlayBack comes in: when the PlayBack driver is enabled, it emulates the weak sectors so that the game will ‘think’ the original disc is inserted and thus the backup will work.

As long as the PlayBack driver is enabled the backup will work on all systems or CD-ROMS.

Grtz

First thnx for your reply.
So, what you said is what i already thought. Could it be that this cd doesn´t run without the driver because i made the image with my normal cd-rom drive and not with my burner? And if it depends on that and the cds would run without the driver after making the image with my burner, is it possible to read those on an other cd drive?

:m@son!

Could it be that this cd doesn´t run without the driver because i made the image with my normal cd-rom drive and not with my burner?

No. It doesn’t matter with which drive you make the image. As long it is able to do it, it’s ok. The problem is writing the image.

You can can ofcourse always try to read the image with your burner and burn it form that image but I don’t think it will make a difference.

So you can run the back-up on another CD-ROM but the PlayBack driver must be enabled for that drive…

I have the same problem with the Sims - House Party, but where can I locate Playback driver for my Panasonic DVD ROM… anyone any ideas would be most welcome

Thanks

Locate the PB driver? You install PB, an icon will appear in your taskbar. Doubleclick on it and select which drive should be ‘hooked’ with the driver… That’s it!

A Yamaha8424S DOESN’T support raw-dao !!! So you can not copy every protection !! SD2 is another case !!!
Only RAW SAO + SUB or RAW SAO is supported.
I have the same writer !!

Originally posted by :m@son!
…a yamaha8424S, which supports raw-dao…

Originally posted by fordcapri
A Yamaha8424S DOESN’T support raw-dao !!! So you can not copy every protection !! SD2 is another case !!!

Now I’m confused :confused: :slight_smile:

Info on CDWriter:
Manufacturer: YAMAHA
Product: CRW8424S
Revision: 1.0j

Device Capabilities:
Note: This information is provided by the unit, it might be inaccurate. CloneCD does not use this information!
Can write CD-R Discs: Yes
Can write CD-RW Discs: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-DAO: No
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-SAO: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-SAO Write Simulation: Yes
Supports Burn Proof / Just Link: No

Info on inserted Disc:
No Disc in drive!

End of Report

Well I guess fordcapri was right :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info!

This post is about Hitman:Codename 47??
I found the game in a ng about 2 months ago and
it was a clonecd image, I didnt know it was sd2 protected but clonecd burned it when I was using a
Mitsumi 4804 te. It does have a protection on it
and I didnt think to look at the scheme that was on there. A friend of mine borrowed the disc and he couldnt copy it