I also could not make a "good" BWA file(too many spikes) with BWA Builder while trying to make a back-up of Hitman 2. However what I was able to do was follow Vluka's instructions to make one using Alcohol. Here's what he said:
Quote: "... make another image in .mds format with Alcohol using Data Position Measurement option set to High (the lower the speed of DPM the better the results). Since we need only .mds (CD characteristic) not the whole image You can abort reading after getting DPM. Don't delete .mds of course Convert .mds file to .bwa using BWA builder."
I used these to make a perfectly curved BWA with no spikes. I set DPM speed to 1X.
I then used Blindwrite v4.2.5 to make a working back-up using these settings (Thanks to ViRuS2k [Blindwrite Expert]):
1) Select your burner.
2) Ticked Extract Subcodes if your reader allows it.
3) Select the location of folder to rip to.
4) Click next.
5) Choose extraction method (Nibble).
6) Ticked adapt speed min read 4x max read 4x
7) Clicked read. (I advise everyone to leave there computers alone)
8) Once complete place the BWA file in the folder that was ripped to.
1) Start Blindwrite up Writing.
2) Click next.
3) Click advanced TAB, tick the following:
Sao Raw with RW
4) Then select save the changes (only tick the correct ones if you dont no then only tick Dao PW)
5) Click next.
6) Select your image & click next.
7) Click start to scan it for errors & it will tell you if the BWA file is there. It should say "Physical Data Found"
8) If everything is OK then click next.
9) Writing Mode: Dao PW (this is the only setting you should use!)
10) Burning speed no faster than 12x!
11) Tick use BWA file if avalible.
12) Tick Eject When finished < MANDATORY!!!>.
13) Tick Weak Sectors ONLY if your burner isnt a 2 sheep.
14) Click GO! & DO NOT TOUCH YOUR PC UNTILL IT'S DONE WRITING!
I hope this helps hussy52.
The only problem I have is that my DVD/CD-rom combo drive cannot read this back-up to play the game. I can install it from this drive, but cannot play it from this drive. My LiteOn 16102b has no problem with this back-up at all either installing or playing from.
or anyone else that can make a suggestion:
So my only question I have is how to defeat the ATIP check to run this from my burner besides using emulation(I hate that word) such as "hide media" or "ignore media type".
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.