Hitman 2 doesn't work?

Ok I have blindwrite 4.2.5 with the pattin couffin engine and Daemon tools 3.29. I made a image ofthe original Hitman 2 disc which has secrom 4.23 using the recommended methods at only 1x speed to ensure quality. I loaded the image in d-tools and when I click play the CD icon spins for a sec like its loading it and then does nothing. I used the bwa builder as well at 1x speed and allowed it to set automatic sectors. Any ideas?

Download the BWA here and use that. :slight_smile:

If you can’t produce a working backup with Blindwrite, then you may want to use the CloneCD/Twinpeak method outlined here.

~Hitman4life

Thanks man, Hitman loaded up perfectly! Although I have to ask, what am I doing wrong that I cannot create a proper 1:1? I have a Lite-On 48x24x48 CDRW with the latest firmware.

Congrats on the success, Alex T. :smiley:

As far as what you did wrong…I’m not sure.

Did you follow the steps mentioned here closely?

If you did, then I don’t know what to tell you. Making BWA files isn’t exactly perfected yet…

There is a BWA editing tool floating around that works quite well though. You may want to give it a try if you can’t produce a working BWA on your own. :slight_smile:

Oh, and just for your information, a 1:1 of SecuROM 4.8 games isn’t possible, and it won’t ever be possible.

A stand-alone backup is completely possible…but it isn’t a 1:1.

~Hitman4life

Some drivers are not able to make working backup of Securom becouse they cant make very good bwa file

nevermind wrong place, sorry