Hitachi unveils ultra-thin 7mm HDD products

vbimport

I just posted the article Hitachi unveils ultra-thin 7mm HDD products.

Hitachi has unveiled its Z-Series line of ultrathin 2.5-inch hard disk drives that are just 7mm thick, aimed at being used in personal portable devices as well as all the way up to the enterprise level.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/hitachi-unveils-ultra-thin-7mm-hdd-products-30384/](http://www.myce.com/news/hitachi-unveils-ultra-thin-7mm-hdd-products-30384/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

That’s one thin hard drive!

Anyone? … No? … Okay.

That’s what she said.

Performance speeds near flash-based solid state drives — but at a significantly lower cost. Wow!

The Japanese company anticipates all three drives will be able to offer performance speeds near flash-based solid state drives — but at a significantly lower cost.
coughbullshitcough

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2523028]coughbullshitcough[/QUOTE]

If this was anyone but Hitachi then I might think that. Hitachi doesn’t make bullshit claims from my experience.

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2523076]If this was anyone but Hitachi then I might think that. Hitachi doesn’t make bullshit claims from my experience.[/QUOTE] You cannot magically reduce access times on harddisks to the same level as that of solid state disks without having the harddisk spinning at near infinite speed - unless of course you do tricky things like building a very large cache into the harddrive, such as e.g. the hybrid HDD/SSD drive from Seagate (Momentus XT).

So I stand by my opinion.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2523081]So I stand by my opinion.[/QUOTE]

You do that. I’ll just wait until the product comes out and gets properly reviewed before I judge.

I agree that’s why a (Wow!) were added. in my Quote.

Any comment on, adding a ReadyBoost drive to a Desktop???

"near flash-based solid state drives " is pretty ambiguous. I’m also doubting the speeds on these things, although the thin form factor is highly impressive.