Hitachi plasma TV model cmp420v2 picture problem (Hitachi CMP420V2)

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the Hitachi CMP420V2. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]My Hitachi’s picture is all very dark reds and blues and out of focus on all the inputs (DVD and cable). BUT the picture in picture (PIP) on the screen looks fine. Has anyone had this problem? Is there an easy way to fix this? I have tried all the settings.

How long have you had this T.V. ?

When did the issues start to occur ?

Is there anything else in particular that has occur with the T.V. ?

:cool::cool:

I have had it for about 3 years but I bought it as a demo. Other than the foggy, dark and blue/red picture all is working fine. It had been sitting there for months working fine and it just started happening.

Does it improve or go away after the T.V. has been on for a long period of time?

I would hazard a guess that you probably have color convergence issue in which your reds,blues and greens are improperly being displayed. You will probably have to take the T.V. in for service and most likely have some of the color control modules replaced that will allow the reds,blues and greens to properly display.

I am not saying that is your actually problem but I would definitely consult an authorized repair dealer about the issues. Find out what they will charge you to look at it and give you an estimated on how much it will cost to repair it. Depending on much you spent on the T.V. you can weight the odds of weather or not its worth the cost of repair.

:cool::cool:

Thanks for the advise. What puzzles me is the Picture in Picture when it is on comes up perfect? For that reason I know it’s not the screen but must have something to do with the circuitry.
I think I need to give up and take it in.

[QUOTE=platinumsword;2152440]Does it improve or go away after the T.V. has been on for a long period of time?

I would hazard a guess that you probably have color convergence issue in which your reds,blues and greens are improperly being displayed. You will probably have to take the T.V. in for service and most likely have some of the color control modules replaced that will allow the reds,blues and greens to properly display.

I am not saying that is your actually problem but I would definitely consult an authorized repair dealer about the issues. Find out what they will charge you to look at it and give you an estimated on how much it will cost to repair it. Depending on much you spent on the T.V. you can weight the odds of weather or not its worth the cost of repair.

:cool::cool:[/QUOTE]