Hitachi LG DVD Rewriter GSA-T21N not working with Exact Audio Copy EAC. Fix?

vbimport

Hitachi LG DVD Rewriter GSA-T21N not working with Exact Audio Copy EAC. Fix?
DVD Drive
http://www.ultradrives.com/product_info.php/products_id/1270

Mods, Regulars: I used to do DAE around 7 years back. I’ve been super busy with work and stuff over all this time so please dont bash me.

I searched forum for the GSA-T21N. Found it at a few places. It showed up under the MediaCodeSpeedEdit Tool thread.

I am not aware of what this TOOL is there for and how it can benefit my DRIVE on the whole and specifically this problem. Please guide me. Thanks.

So the Dell Tech guy came and replace my drive under warranty. I thought everything was fine.

[QUOTE=crashnburn;2889579]I used Acronis True Image. Got it done. Now to DELETE the old HDD CLEAN :).

Previously I have used PMagic, Ghost etc. Have copies still lying around somewhere.

I got the following replacements. I am hoping I got better parts than previous ones:

Original CD/DVDRW - SONY

Hitachi-LG -DVD Rewriter
GSA-T21N
ROM Ver/ A 102
FDA Dec 2007

Old HDD:

Hitachi Travelstar - HTS54808 5400. (Thailand)

New HDD: Seagate Momentus 7200.1 (China)[/QUOTE]

Now I recently got back into MUSIC / AUDIO (been busy) to backup and save some of my Audio CDs to FLAC. So I downloaded EAC and no matter what I do with it I end up getting this message.

Can’t Detect Matching Read Command…"

How do I fix it?

Now I was able to use another app called BonkEnc to extract but EAC gives the above error. What do I need to do to make it work?

You may have to go into EAC and manually choose a read command. If I remember correctly, you get that when you let EAC automatically detect a read command.

The settings for the read command [as a refresher] are found under [while EAC is open] EAC>Drive Options>Drive>Drive Read Command.

After manually choosing one, save your settings and try to read a disc. If you can read the disc, then you’re set. If not, cycle through all the settings until you find the one that works best for your drive.

[QUOTE=Albert;2078453]You may have to go into EAC and manually choose a read command. If I remember correctly, you get that when you let EAC automatically detect a read command.

The settings for the read command [as a refresher] are found under [while EAC is open] EAC>Drive Options>Drive>Drive Read Command.

After manually choosing one, save your settings and try to read a disc. If you can read the disc, then you’re set. If not, cycle through all the settings until you find the one that works best for your drive.[/QUOTE]

Is there a place I could look up to find the best “selection” from that drop down list of Read Commands?

Sorry for the late reply.

I am not sure…I would personally start with Read Command MMC1, but I don’t know. You have to go with what’s best for your drive/system. Your drive won’t respond to all the read commands; it should only respond to a few, and you choose whichever 1 [if not just 1] that works.