Hitachi gd 2000 dvd/cd

vbimport

Ive recently made some back up copies of the Sims games , unleashed , vacation ect. These copies were burnt on a liteon using nero and play okon my computer … however when I try to install these games on my kids “new” 2nd hand computer and i’m required to type the serial numbers in the message I get is “insert the correct cd”

This computer is a HP 8215 with a Hitachi gd2000 cd/dvd.

Is the Hitachi too old to pick up the burnt back ups? The computer was manufactured in 1998.

Any help would be appreciated…thank u!..

Originally posted by bunnyman62
These copies were burnt on a liteon using nero

This your problem. Nero.

and play okon my computer

They shouldn’t do. You are very lucky.

message I get is “insert the correct cd”

This is because you didn’t make and burn a good image. This is why Nero isn’t used to copy games.

Is the Hitachi too old to pick up the burnt back ups? The computer was manufactured in 1998.

See point 1 and 3.

Try here on how to copy these games.

Womble,

thank you for your reply and I made a backup of unleashed using Alchohol which again worked perfectly ok on my computer however once again when i try to install on the kids computer I again get the message to" insert the correct CD."

Could it be the age of the Hitachi DVD/CD that is unable to pick up the info from a safe disc 2 backup?

Could it be the age of the Hitachi DVD/CD that is unable to pick up the info from a safe disc 2 backup?

Possible. I have looked but can’t find your drive listed anywhere. If you want to test it yourself to see many sheep it scores. In case you don’t know there are 0, 1 and 2 sheep drives. 2 being the best. To copy most newer games you will nedd a 2 sheep drive. Then you can follow the sheep test guide in my website. See “website” button under this reply.

The Sims games are various versions of SafeDisc 2. To copy them you will need to use the SafeDisc profile in Alcohol if you have a 2 sheep burner and the SafeDisc 2/3 if you have a 0 or 1 sheep burner. If yours is a 0 or 1 sheep burner then there is no promise that the copies will work.

Other thoughts. Is your kids computer drive a CDRW if so then install alcohol on that one as well.

//EDIT PLEASE READ
I have just reread your origianl post and you said that you used a liteon to copy them with. This means that it should be a 2 sheep drive you are using. The reading drive (Hitachi) shouldn’t make a difference in reading the copies if you made a cood copy to begin with. Try the Safedisc profile and see what happens.
//EDIT PLEASE READ