Highschool's using Mac keyloggers?

vbimport

I viewed this news report one talking about a school somewhere in the us spying on students in their own home through their school issued laptops…

Now in my highschool we have had this laptop giving away thing for 6 years now, and soon this is going to be my 2nd year recieving my laptop and I was wondering if this could be done with a keylogger or webhistory logger on our laptops.

Now being the curios geek I am, I set up a quest to find if these key loggers or spying programs exist on our laptops. Now being the ex-white-hacker I used to be. I instantly found a security breach in our MacBooks. So anyone could have administrator privaleges. Now how could I detect a keylogger? If I did find one is it legal? (the contract I signed said nothing about keloggers) How could I get rid of one? I use pc based computers so is there something in OS X they list all of the prosses’ or something?

Now before you say I’m being paranoid, in the speech the laptop director gave to us he said that you cant delete your history and even if you did there is A program that records everything… so this really scared me…

And could this program be installed on an iOS device?

P.S I’m writing this on the iPod touch 4g so my writing
Might be sloppy…

Is completely low level formatting the harddisk and reinstalling the operating system forbidden as well? :slight_smile:

If there is nothing in the contract about logging or breaching your privacy and they actually are breaching your privacy with this, you should start a class action law suit.

Now being the ex-white-hacker I used to be.

What color did You turn?

[QUOTE=G_Ivan Awfulitch;2547257]What color did You turn?[/QUOTE]
Pink.

Everybody knows pink is the new white.

If there is nothing in the contract about logging or breaching your privacy and they actually are breaching your privacy with this, you should start a class action law suit.[/QUOTE] :disagree: This was just on the news last week and being that the school owns these laptops and the user is supposed to use them for school work the school has the right to monitor what they are used for

I personally would be more offended having to use a Mac. The CAD programs I work with do not work on Mac, and that goes for a lot of other programs that involve actually creating something.

It does belong to the school and you could always tell them you are an avid student of whatever it is they find on your computer that they don’t like. For instance, “I am really interested in anatomy and Human copulation” or “I am studying the availability and distribution of pirated movies and music, report coming soon”. Probably won’t work though.