Highest rated burner for cd-r's & dvd-R+'s?

I have a Pioneer 111d which I have used for burning dvd’s …

my liteon cd-r burner just flaked out so I ordered a new Pioneer 115d off ebay so I can have 2 dvd-burners…

I burn about equal amount of music cd’s and dvd movies so I need a drive or 2 that do both really well…

did I choose a good drive in the 115d or is there a better one for what I need…??

I feel the urge to buy some new drives…maybe something that works faster than the 111D I already have…to go with the 115D thats on its way…

maybe change to sata burners even…

suggestions or just stay with the 111 / 115 combo ??

You already posted that here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f87/pioneer-115dsv-burner-get-266612/

sorry…but the other post wasnt very specific and that was in the Pioneer section…

I am asking in general with options for different drives…I am also being a little more specific on what I need it for here…

I only got 1 reply in the other post so I figured it was better to ask here and not limit myself to just 1 drive option.

wasnt my intention to make 2 posts but rather I was seeking more options.

the other post was Pioneer specific and can be deleted…

sorry

I feel the urge to buy some new drives…maybe something that works faster than the 111D I already have…to go with the 115D thats on its way…

The 115D is a fine drive for everything. But if you are to using +R (is that what you meant in your title?) it does not bitset SL discs to DVD-ROM. It does auto-bitset DL +R media. To me this is a non issue as I always use 8X TYG02 -R, which this drive burns at 12X with near perfect results.

after reading the review of the Optiarc 7200…I went to New Egg and ordered 2 of them…

from the review it seemed like the Optiarc was a better burner for all types than the Pioneer…

of course I am totally novice about all the technical stuff…I just make copies of my stuff…music and dvd’s and for all I know I could have been using better hardware…but it has worked…

problem is I dont stay into the hardware forums enough to keep up…just when I need a new piece…

is the Optiarc 7200 better than the 115d Pioneer? I hope so…got 2 coming…

[quote=gentlejax2;2225206]is the Optiarc 7200 better than the 115d Pioneer? I hope so…got 2 coming…[/quote] In my experience they are very similar in performance. My 115D seems to have [I]slightly[/I] better write performance at the outer edge of DVD media compared to my Optiarc 7203.

I don’t know about better per se, but I have had 2 of the 7200s, and they really are superb for what I did, got 2 b one of the best around at the moment. you shouldn’t be sorry if you get a good one, always danger of a dud with any,. don’t right it off if it is, it always happens, they are good.

I was probably one of the first to buy one when they came out, it was just pot luck, turned out to be one of the best drives around in the end.

ppl on reviews always seem to right off the whole lot after they get just one dud, look at newegg or ebuyer. there are always some

its burned a fair variety of media, verbatim, samsung, and some really cheap ones with no trouble at all

very good choice

cool…thats why I got 2 and ordered from new egg