HIGH speed lite-on writer?

vbimport

hi all. i am gonna sell my cd writer [24102b] and geta faster one, but i am wandering which one - i am definatelty getting a liteon 'cos i need SD 2.51 backups, but which should i get from:

• LTR-32123S
  • LTR-40125S
  • one of the 48x writers

PS - When are these 48x writers going to be marketed ??

Cheers :wink:

I have the Liteon 32123s(32x12x40) and its great.
No coasters and copied everything I needed it to do.
Friend of mine has the 40x LiteOn and we can’t see any difference between my 32X and his 40X. Its so close in speed that Im going to stay with my 32X. Hope this helps.

alternatively…u could get the 24103S and flash it to the 32123S… If u’re gonna get the 32123S in the first place. :slight_smile:

i don’t think the 24103s or 32123s can support my rainer [ever]
so that means im more likely to geta 40x or 48x.

When’s the 48x out, anyone?

[i have never had a coaster with my 24102B either]

Besides mount rainier support (which is still not supported for the ltr-40125s and also not supported by any OS) I think there is really no use to upgrade from 24sp to 32/40/48 sp. The advantage in time won’t be that much…

:slight_smile:

But a 24x to a 40x. Plus this new firmware writing in P-cav (subtracting 10 seconds from the burning speed) might be a leep forward. I think so. I also like this Mt Ranier idea. I believe it will be supported by an OS, hopefully soon. By the way, I love my 4012S5!

Originally posted by ant4bud
But a 24x to a 40x. Plus this new firmware writing in P-cav (subtracting 10 seconds from the burning speed) might be a leep forward. I think so. By the way, I love my 40125S!
I didn’t know this! Please can you confirm that the 4012S5 will:[list=a] [li]support CAV writing with a new firmware
[/li][li]support Mt. Rainer when an OS supports it[/list=a] So im 100% sure before i buy one.
[/li]
(someone said somthing about not being worth changing 24-32
= i am getting a new writer effectivley as a free upgrade so im just finding out which to get)

While im at it , does anyone know if the difference between the 40125 S and W models has anything to do with Mt. Rainer or P-Cav [cos i wanna get the better one!!!]

Thanks.

Wait a little, we’ll see how it does whan the ZS0D firmware is finally out.

OTOH, if you are lucky enough to get a drive with that firmware already installed, well by all means exctract the firmware and post it up!

Originally posted by 83bj60
OTOH, if you are lucky enough to get a drive with that firmware already installed, well by all means exctract the firmware and post it up!
Sure, but if that happens ill have to post a thread with instructions [for me] how 2 do it!

Can somone answer the question plz? [2 posts up]

I’ve described it a bit in this post

runner1000000 has written extensively about the 40125S with the ZS0D firmware inthis post and others as well.