High speed dubbing (Panasonic DMR-EH50S)

[qanda]This thread is about the Panasonic DMR-EH50S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]my name is Bernard Kinney and I have the same Panasonic Hard drive recorder as you. DMREH50. M:)y question for you to hopefully answer is this: when transferring a recorded programme off tv from the hard drive to DVD, I might want to do it in high speed. I made sure the settings for recording in high speed are in place. But when I’m ready to proceed, the machine tells me to insert a valid dics into the machine. This is odd because I have a pack of 4 blank DVDs which are perfectly fine for recording, yet the machine wont recognise this.

Very annoying.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bernard Kinney[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE]

First of all the HS option must have been ON before the titles were recorded. You can’t just turn it ON after the recording is done. I don’t think this is your problem but I thought I’d mention it.
Are you able to directly record to those discs(from tuner or line input)? How about realtime burning from HDD to DVD, does that work? I believe -RWs and +R discs need to be formatted before first use but it sounds like you’ve used these discs in this recorder before? Note your machine doesn’t support +RW media.