High PIE problem

vbimport

Hello. With my burner after I burn a DVD and then scan it with the same drive I got very high PIE errors. Media is TDK DVD-R. Could it be because my HDD haves bad sectors? But I wrote the disc with CD-DVD Speed Create Data, which creates garbage data I think, not burning from the HDD?. But also old discs burned with LG H42N do not show high PIE when scanning with this LiteOn. Is that because this LiteOn overreports PIE or because of hard disk? Why does this happen?

MBI01RG40. Your burn is not bad just a little ugly. What was the burn speed? I would burn that media @8x max. Did you run a TRT? 280 is max. for PIE.

Burn speed 8x. QS 95 right after the burn. But PIE total seems too high. An old DVD burned with my H42N and scanned now with the LiteOn shows just 30098 PIE Total.

[QUOTE=cristyro;2689015]Burn speed 8x. QS 95 right after the burn. But PIE total seems too high. An old DVD burned with my H42N and scanned now with the LiteOn shows just 30098 PIE Total.[/QUOTE]
:clap:

So why does burning with the LiteOn make discs with so much PIE?

That’s just how the LiteOn burns this batch of discs. It could be better tuned for another batch of the same disc model, sort of like how some old drives prefer Verbatim discs made by FTI, while not liking very good-quality MBI/CMC/Prodisc Verbatim media.

Ok thank you.