High Def camcorder feedback

vbimport

Anyone have any results to share about a recent HD camcorder purchase and use? EX, Sony, Canon, Panasonic with and without hard drives.

I am getting ready to buy one and need some feedback from my forum budies.:slight_smile:

Thanks all,:bow::bow:

I’ve played around with this one a little bit during my vacation and I have to say that I’m very impressed by the build quality and the video quality. Better than JVC and Panasonic counterparts… but it does cost a bit… =)

//Danne

[QUOTE=DiiZzY;2099961]I’ve played around with this one a little bit during my vacation and I have to say that I’m very impressed by the build quality and the video quality. Better than JVC and Panasonic counterparts… but it does cost a bit… =)

//Danne[/QUOTE]

I was eying that one also at BB. Waiting for a sale. LOL

If you have big screen HDTV, High Def camcorders is the way to go. I made many homemade DVD years ago using a standard def camcorders and they ALL look bad on my HDTV. :frowning:

Anyway, some reviews are in between Sony HDR-SR12 and Canon Vixia HF100 or HF10 (with internal 16GB internal memory). Some area the Canon wins over Sony and some area Sony wins.

Pricewise, the Canon is much less, HF100 for $650 at Amazon and HF10 is $800. The Sony in Dizzy link above is $1400.

Although Sony > Canon no question about it… =)
//Danne

[QUOTE=zevia;2100640]If you have big screen HDTV, High Def camcorders is the way to go. I made many homemade DVD years ago using a standard def camcorders and they ALL look bad on my HDTV. :frowning:

Anyway, some reviews are in between Sony HDR-SR12 and Canon Vixia HF100 or HF10 (with internal 16GB internal memory). Some area the Canon wins over Sony and some area Sony wins.

Pricewise, the Canon is much less, HF100 for $650 at Amazon and HF10 is $800. The Sony in Dizzy link above is $1400.[/QUOTE]

They had the HDR CX7 on clearance for $564 plus I got 12% off. I had to do it. Last one in a box man.
Trying to figure out how to get sound on my PS3 with a mem stick and an optical/Oh I just figured it out:doh::doh::doh::doh:

How’s your Sony CX7, etp?

The only negative I can see is it uses Memory stick pro duo, which is more expensive compared to SD and max capacity currently only 8GB.

[QUOTE=zevia;2102721]How’s your Sony CX7, etp?

The only negative I can see is it uses Memory stick pro duo, which is more expensive compared to SD and max capacity currently only 8GB.[/QUOTE]

Typed a long reply and tried the spelling checker tab and it closed my windows session. ARGH!:a:a:a

[QUOTE=zevia;2102721]How’s your Sony CX7, etp?

The only negative I can see is it uses Memory stick pro duo, which is more expensive compared to SD and max capacity currently only 8GB.[/QUOTE]

OK, one more time! I bought a 4GB stick for $30 onsale and after 12% off.
So far the camcorder works fine. Only 1440x1080 but thats ok for now. If I get bored I may give this to my son and get the 12.

HDMI is very nice as well as the mem stick direct to my PS3.:iagree::iagree::iagree:

The software will burn a standard DVD in HD which will only play on a BD player. Very nice! Have not tried that feature as of yet.

Very light with an excellent built in mic. So far my pictures have been indoors in semi lit rooms so I cannot tell you about the quality in proper lighting conditions. I wore out my Sony DVR2000 so my standards are pretty high and I think this camcord for $505 was a steal.

The manual says it will take a 16GB. Very expensive stick to say the least.

I believe there is one or two parent folders above the standard BDMV folder on Blu-ray disc… but PS3 can play the memory stick directly? I’m interested to see the files and folder structure inside the memory stick. I understand it’s AVCHD but still I’m curious. :wink:

etp, if you can access the memory stick from your PC, do you mind running a folder/file listing for me, using dos command “dir /s”?

Here’s how in XP/Vista:

• Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt
  • Access the memory stick drive letter, for example if it’s assign as F, type F: and Enter
  • Type “dir /s >avchd.txt” (without the " ") and Enter. It will create a text file named avchd.txt with the folder and files information (size, date etc).
  • Please attach or copy/paste the text from avchd.txt here.

Thanks! :wink:

Stuff

Sorry, no TXT file.

I saw a memstick converter somewhere on line that took a micro/mini SD and converted it to a DUO. It would be interesting to see if it would format correctly.

Thanks for the images etp. :flower:

I saw a memstick converter somewhere on line that took a micro/mini SD and converted it to a DUO. It would be interesting to see if it would format correctly.
You mean this: http://www.photofast.tw/eng/CR_5400.html

Yep, newegg has one also. But I do not see a 16GB micro SD. And another at Yahoo shopping.

[QUOTE=etp;2105420]Yep, newegg has one also. But I do not see a 16GB micro SD. And another at Yahoo shopping.[/QUOTE]

Just snaged a 8GB at Frys for $54.:iagree::bigsmile: