Hiding stats from your ISP

vbimport

Hi everyone,

Having fallen foul of the FAIR USAGE POLICY’ of my previous ISP, I might be in jeopardy again with my new ISP.

Although my new provider gives me a monthly ‘allowance’ of 100Gb, I thought that this would be more than enough.

But the size of movies and clips are getting bigger due mainly to HD files being posted. The quality of the clips and movies have vastly improved, giving a better all round viewing experience.

What I want to know is, does anyone know how you can hide your d/l & u/l stats from your ISP so they can’t monitor your flow of data. I have, I think encrypted my data through uTorrent, but this does not actually hide the amount.

I currently have limited my u/loading on T&A to reduce my monthly flow, so as not to anger my ISP anymore.

Any thoughts???

EDIT: Ignore the word “Post” in my thread title. That was a mistake on my part. And if there is a way to delete it from title, I’d appreciate it…

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=Zeliard;2517292]
Although my new provider gives me a monthly ‘allowance’ of 100Gb, I thought that this would be more than enough.
(…)
What I want to know is, does anyone know how you can hide your d/l & u/l stats from your ISP so they can’t monitor your flow of data.[/quote]No, you can’t hide your traffic. Period.

Any thoughts???
If you need more traffic, then contact your ISP if you can upgrade your contract.

EDIT: Ignore the word “Post” in my thread title. That was a mistake on my part. And if there is a way to delete it from title, I’d appreciate it…
Fixed. :slight_smile:

Michael