Hide CDR

Well I’m not out to prove -anything- to -anyone- , so let me state some -facts-

CD Media World has some other program(s) which can read ATIP - and some more - One I’ve used is named “CD Inquery 1.0.0.3 Beta”.

And, I use one, and tested some drives under 2000/XP, with ASPI installed(ForceASPI used), CDROMs and CD-RWs showed up as SCSI devices in CD-R Identifier “Scsi Good”

They were:

Samsung CDROM SC-140b/SC-52b
Mercury/Kobian 48x CDROM (? who made this ?)
Creative Infra 48x w/remote control

AND - All four read ATIP perfectly - BUT- from partially written Multi-Session discs - as the Mercury and creative didn’t accept blanks. Strangely, the Sam’s did, and read, OK with CDRID, Nero CD Speed and CD Inquery.

PS Sorry If I seem to go against the grain…just telling you the truth!

Okay there is a pretty easy way to prove this all, just put up a screenshot (uneditted of course :stuck_out_tongue: ) of what you have found and that will prove everything.

[offtopic]
And sherman1, I notice maybe a little angryness in your posts, but please don’t be, you must understand that e.g FP has helped dozens of people and read dozens of claims (and not always good ones) so it’s not uncommon that mods/other long time members get a little harsh on some subjects, but in this you can’t deny they stayed polite and helpfull ! It’s just a spicy discussion, keep it alive! :wink:
[/offtopic]

Originally posted by cocobongo772002
[B]…AND - All four read ATIP perfectly - BUT- from partially written Multi-Session discs - as the Mercury and creative didn’t accept blanks. Strangely, the Sam’s did, and read, OK with CDRID, Nero CD Speed and CD Inquery.

PS Sorry If I seem to go against the grain…just telling you the truth! [/B]
This is not in doubt and really never has been.

CD Read Feature (001Eh) identifies a Logical Unit that can read CD specific information from the media and can read user data from all types of CD blocks. Op Code 43h, READ TOC/PMA/ATIP, is an MMC CD Read command :wink:

The READ TOC/PMA/ATIP Command requests that the Logical Unit transfer data from the Table of Contents, the Program Memory Area (PMA), and the Absolute Time in Pre-Grove (ATIP) from CD media. For media that does not support a TOC, this command will return fabricated information that is similar to that of CD media for some formats. This fabrication is required for some legacy Initiator environments.

When a Read TOC/PMA/ATIP command is presented for a DDCD/CD-R/RW media, where the first TOC has not been recorded (no complete session) and the Format codes 0000b, 0001b, or 0010b are specified, this command shall be rejected with an INVALID FIELD IN CDB. Devices that are not capable of reading an incomplete session on DDC/CD-R/RW media shall report CANNOT READ MEDIUM – INCOMPATIBLE FORMAT.

I’ts just not invoked through non-burners in SafeDisc 2.4+ or SecuROM new (or so we think!)