Hide CDR

vbimport

When running Diablo 2 Expansion(LOD Version 1.07)with out Hide CDR Media it will:

Samsung CdRom(SC-148)It will run.
Asus Burner(4012A)Won't run.
Acer Burner(2010A)Won't run.

Yet when i turn Hide CDR Media on:

Samsung CdRom(SC-148)Won't run.
Asus Burner(4012A)Won't run.
Acer Burner(2010A)Won't run.

Anyone know why this might be happening,is it a bug or something else?

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Wierd. Olli ackknowledged a bug in SD2 (check out OC-Freaks Thread in this Forum) but we’re talking SecuROM here, eh? I’ll email Sven.

Thanks for the help.

i have addressed this problem since day dot back on the ezboard clone forum b4 they killed it.

i will say it and you can all quote me on this “hide cd-r media has never worked”

but ,because it seems, the ppl supposedly in the know keept away from the issue or just plain followed the herd and said that it does work, without obviously testing.

which just emphasises the blind devotion of sheep.

and another 2 points that these ppl in the know should consider-

1. both cd-r AND cd-rw have an atip. THAT’S RIGHT…they BOTH DO.

and

1. Correct all CDWR and CDR Roms read ATIP. But what is obviously not known the all you CDFreaks out there is that MOST cd-roms and DVD-roms also do read ATIP. Especially most cd-rom and DVD-rom drives manufactured after production of CD writers

FORUMS are very useful sources of information when the ppl supplying that information do so on an informed level.

sometimes it is easier to be a sheep and follow the masses then to then to question and be ridiculed.

I too have alway thought that CD-Rom’s and DVD players read atip.

What i want to know is,if a DVD player doesn’t read atip how does it tell the difference between a DVD and a CD so in order to know what type of disc it is it must read the atip.

i will say it and you can all quote me on this “hide cd-r media has never worked”

but ,because it seems, the ppl supposedly in the know keept away from the issue or just plain followed the herd and said that it does work, without obviously testing.

which just emphasises the blind devotion of sheep

I hate sheep.

Bad sheep,bad.

Originally posted by sherman1

…huh? You say “never”? You mean “never” for anyone or “never” as in ‘most’. You tested this? Works for me…

Originally posted by Future :Z Proof
…huh? You say “never”? You mean “never” for anyone or “never” as in ‘most’. You tested this? Works for me…

can you please prove the method derived to enable the “Hide cdr media” as i am yet to discover it. :frowning:

and i have tried it under several os or viruses as some may say.

win98 se, Me, 2000, win XP home, win XP pro , and winXP pro corp.

just a thought…maybe Hide cdr media doesn’t work under windows?

might need to run linux

might be worth creating a survey of clone users who use hide cdr media and the os they use.

btw all cd’s have atip… ohh and many roms read atip besides burners as previously stated.:Z

You can easily test if your cd-rom or dvd-rom does read ATIP. Just use one of the programs which can read ATIP and give it a try! Apparently there are indeed some dvd-roms outthere which can read ATIP info…

All cd-recordable’s or cd-rewritable’s have atip! I will try my Px-40ts and ltd-163 this weekend to see if they can read the ATIP info.

mmmm…

yes well

good to see some people are stepping out into the light and breaking away from the herd.

i can positively say and reinforce to ALL people out there that YES , YES DAMN IT! many cd-roms & DVD-roms read ATIP not just writers. i’m not going to attempt to list every rom capable of reading ATIP because there are more important things to do in this life, but i will mention that these read ATIP:

acer 1640A dvd
pioneer 115F dvd
pinetechnology 44X cd-rom

so you see it is not only limited to cd writers or just the odd freak dvd-rom

and if there are any other sheep willing to make a sacrifice come forward if you know of any other rom’s which read ATIP and be heard!

auctung

well, personally, i’ve never used hide cdr media…however, for everyone out there that does, why does the copy work if its put into a non-writer, but not when its in the writer? i know this was the case for civilization3, for me, personally. lemme re-check again :).

well, migrated to canada, put civ3 in the writer (clonecd 3.3.4.1, tray version 3.3), wouldnt run hide cdr media on or not. ran in my liteon dvd, though, hide cdr media enabled and disabled. apparently the liteon cant read atip. wipes brow, thank god. of course, thanks sherman1, not for the ATIP info, but for the hide cdr media info :(.

now for the why civ3 wouldnt run with hidecdr media enabled. hide cdr media must be doing a hell of a lot more than blocking ATIP info. im not sure what, but otherwise, i cant see how it could work for anyone, and only be doing that. just my 2 cents on that, though.

> i will say it and you can all quote me on this “hide cd-r media
> has never worked”

Blah.

> 1. both cd-r AND cd-rw have an atip. THAT’S RIGHT…they
> BOTH DO.
> and
> 2. Correct all CDWR and CDR Roms read ATIP. But what is
> obviously not

Wow, what a surprise.

> can you please prove the method derived to enable the “Hide
> cdr media” as i am yet to discover it.

You come here with a claim, you have something to prove,
not us. We know how ‘Hide CDR media’ works and that it still
has some problems, go study it instead of posting your sheep
rebel crap and you will find out too.

> if a DVD player doesn’t read atip how does it tell the difference
> between a DVD and a CD so in order to know what type of disc
> it is it must read the atip.

And how do you think a DVD player see the difference between
a DVD and pressed CD, none of them having ATIP informations ?

hi Spath

Originally posted by spath
[B]

> if a DVD player doesn’t read atip how does it tell the difference
> between a DVD and a CD so in order to know what type of disc
> it is it must read the atip.

And how do you think a DVD player see the difference between
a DVD and pressed CD, none of them having ATIP informations ? [/B]

you have contradicted your self here. 1st you say that a DVD-rom must be able to read ATIP to distinguish between PRESSED CD, and DVD medias. then you go on to say that NEITHER pressed CD OR DVD medias have ATIP’s.
My personal feeling on the ATIP READING of DVD-roms is the same as yours…BUT as i cannot prove that EVERY DVD-rom out there, regardless of make and year of manufacture, can read ATIP, I will say MOST DVD-roms read ATIP…as this is true.

the atip contains information required by the reader/writer to recorgnise that it is infact a legitimate peice of media that it is looking at. you can’t feed it a pancake and then burn to it…cause it’ll say no media. they’re picky like that. Test this if you need hard evidence.

Originally posted by spath

You come here with a claim, you have something to prove,
not us. We know how ‘Hide CDR media’ works and that it still
has some problems, go study it instead of posting your sheep
rebel crap and you will find out too.

i’m sorry if this is the way it sounds, that was not my intension.
all i was trying to say was that sometimes the people supposedly in the know get it wrong and when it is questioned the questionee often gets “flamed”, we are all human and we have to learn and sometimes we learn it wrong before we get it right.

am i a rebel if i question? should i hold my tongue and be repressed? is that the way be? do we all need to follow the masses lead be one governing body?
please inform me, i need some resolution

you have contradicted your self here. 1st you say that a DVD-rom must be able to read ATIP to distinguish between PRESSED CD, and DVD medias…

That’s not what spath said. He was quoting you and then asking a question. And I tell you this more politely than spath ever will :wink:

Originally posted by FutureProof
That’s not what spath said. He was quoting you and then asking a question. And I tell you this more politely than spath ever will :wink:

well if that is the case, you are both wrong.
i did not say that. if you take the time to study this thread you would have noticed that it was written by ParanoiD

Originally posted by PaRaNoiD
What i want to know is,if a DVD player doesn’t read atip how does it tell the difference between a DVD and a CD so in order to know what type of disc it is it must read the atip

and what was written was taken out of context.

and the hate sheep part was paranOid too…not me btw

keep slinging if you feel you must.
you’ve got nothing to prove to me.

[B]

well if that is the case, you are both wrong.
i did not say that. if you take the time to study this thread you would have noticed that it was written by ParanoiD[/B]
Yes, quite right, I got lost in the quotes. I wish spath would press that “quote button”

reverts everyones attention back to hide cdr media

i guess, generally, how does it work? because it doesnt always work…so what makes it work sometimes? i have no info to add to the thread, because everyone is debating side issues instead of the subject :slight_smile:

acer 1640A dvd
pioneer 115F dvd
pinetechnology 44X cd-rom

Ok, tested my Plextor PX-40ts and LiteOn Ltd-163.

I have used: CDR Identifier 1.63 & Feurio 1.65.4

Both programs were able to read atip information in my writers (Plextor px-4220t, LiteOn ltr-40125s) from a blank cd-r, a written cd-r and as expected not from a pressed cd.

Then I tested CDR Identifier on my readers. This program uses commands from the scsi3 specs. The program was not able to read ATIP from my readers…

After that I tested Feurio. Feurio will only sent the read-atip commands to writers so I had to fool Feurio by manually adding my readers to the writers list. In order to do this I had to select a device driver. No matter which driver I selected I could not get my readers to show me some ATIP information…

So how did you test that your readers can read ATIP information? Too me it looks like you where bugged by the ‘hide-cdr’+LiteOn bug, mentioned in other threads…

@everybody
Question: are there any other programs which are able to read/show ATIP information besides CDR Identifier and Feurio?

• Nero CD Speed

uhh… I just put a blank CD-R into my Toshi DVD and it just sits there with the light blinking…wtf?

Was gonna test to see if it can read ATIP

Originally posted by Wiz486
uhh… I just put a blank CD-R into my Toshi DVD and it just sits there with the light blinking…wtf?
Hehe, the Toshi is looking for a TOC :eek: gotta put a backup in there partner :wink: