Hide CDR/UnHide, Neither Works for Teac 540E!

I was just wondering if anyone had any insight as to why if I select Hide/unHide CDR media in clone4202 with my burner (Teac 540E) it won’t play my UT-2/Diablo-II-LOD backups? My Reader (Plex40UW) WIll ONLY play them with Hide ticked! I thought that ATIP wasn’t detected by readers, I mean, what would be the point in that anyhow? I’ve tried uninstalled cloneCD and reinstalling, getting rid of the Virtual drive, but I still get the “Check CD/Retry” of DEATH msgs, unless I have my 40UW reading w/Hide etc… Might there be someting in the registry that is cu’ing D-II/UT-2 that ATIP is present or some sort of log that was made about my writer?

Sorry about all the questions, it’s just that this problem is ever so annoying… I’m hoping it’s not a bad burn issue?

One last thing… should I stick with using my Writer as my main backup Image maker or will the 40UW do fine? Plex readers are known for lack of subcode/chan reading… :frowning:

You should use your burner (the Teac drive) to make all of your images. It reads subcodes just fine. :wink:

As for your backups, are you 100% sure you made them correctly? For example, the only way you can produce a working backup of Unreal 2 with CloneCD is with Twinpeak.

~Hitman4life

Yeah I did everything that was in the Sticky, did BWA+twinpeaks, burned at 8x etc… I think there’s something funny about my drive, this Hide CDR media thing is not going well with my CDRW drive… :frowning:

Twinpeaks copies will not always work 100& reliably. Could just be that your Plextor can read them better than your TEAC. I’m guessing here though but it’s a logical explanation. Does Diablo II work ok in your TEAC drive?

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
Twinpeaks copies will not always work 100& reliably. Could just be that your Plextor can read them better than your TEAC. I’m guessing here though but it’s a logical explanation. Does Diablo II work ok in your TEAC drive?

No, NOT AT ALL :a :confused: :a ! Doesn’t matter if HIde CDR media is checked or not, it simply will not work in my CDRW 540E… I cannot figure out why even with Hide CDR it’s not working?! :frowning:

Hey V12|V12 I had a similar posting to this. i hope this works:
http://borg.cdfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56777

Basically I was told by futurproof:
“Hide CD-R Media does not work with some combinations of: burner/game title/media”

Also thsi post seems a bit relavent:
http://borg.cdfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65133

And this basically says that even most current readers as well as all burners read ATIP, not just burners… READERS too

Hope any of that helps

:slight_smile:

Damn that’s a real bummer that my drive checks the ATIP no matter if Hide CDR media is on or not@… Argh, Teac and their over innovations… I’m thinking about getting a new drive, and I think I’m going to get an Asus… I know it’s the “KING” 1:1’er, but how does the best Asus drive compare to other drives in speed, accuracy etc… I wonder… but thanks for the reply! :cool: