Hide CDR Media Question

I did quite a few searches before posting this…couldn’t find anything. I currently made a working backup of Splinter Cell SD 2.90.040 I believe…I am running the game with the latest b patch.

The game will only run with Hide CDR Media checked on in CloneCDs task tray…I know this is common from what I read.

Question…is there a different CDR Media hider program that can be used? Something that is more stand alone and not bundled in with a disk copying program? I am trying to find out if CloneCD is my only option.

THANKS in advance.

no there is not…someone told me that CDmate had a standalone ATIP hider but that person is trying to find it…yea iam with you that CloneCd is using emulation no matter what settings are used in the profile…it will write a LBA sector for the CloneCdtray to recognise if Hide CdR media is enabled

I would think there is something else out there that would hide the ATIP.

Both alcohol 120 and daemon tools have this feature.

Originally posted by wakemonkeypimp
yea iam with you that CloneCd is using emulation no matter what settings are used in the profile…it will write a LBA sector for the CloneCdtray to recognise if Hide CdR media is enabled
I don’t think so

Originally posted by FutureProof
I don’t think so

I agree with FP that is the biggest myth about clonecd mysteriously using emulation even with ignore/amplify weak sectors enabled…clonecd does a better job with amplify weak sectors without emulation than any other program (bw, diskjug, alc120) that works on my toshi sd-m1402 with my teac external 5200 drive all other programs failed. and no i dont have clonecd tray on that computer! it does seem that clonecd is more picky than other programs on what drives it works well with though i would say the drive needs to have good hardware error control.

Originally posted by ContractorC
I would think there is something else out there that would hide the ATIP.

A felt tip pen will do it. Just cover up the ATIP on the CDR inner circle.

CDRs generally have one or two inner rings obviously seperate from the sectors, that is the ATIP in case you didn’t know, cover that up carefully with any felt pen. Then you don’t need to bother with these emulating software apps.

The other alternative is to find a CD ROM drive (usually older) that can’t read ATIPs.

Other than that you need to remove the ATIP check string written into the program it’s self.

Interesting audio…will give it a try.

Originally posted by audiocopy
[B]A felt tip pen will do it. Just cover up the ATIP on the CDR inner circle.

CDRs generally have one or two inner rings obviously seperate from the sectors, that is the ATIP in case you didn’t know, cover that up carefully with any felt pen. Then you don’t need to bother with these emulating software apps.

The other alternative is to find a CD ROM drive (usually older) that can’t read ATIPs.

Other than that you need to remove the ATIP check string written into the program it’s self. [/B]

Tried this without success.

I saw something about autoplay may hide or block the ATIP. What is autoplay?

Originally posted by audiocopy
A felt tip pen will do it. Just cover up the ATIP on the CDR inner circle.
Another myth comes full circle

Nope sorry I never heard of autoplay, but FP’s reply is obviously right…nothing else if that didn’t work.

It should work if the “hide CDR media” is simply looking for an ATIP.

However it sounds as if it is emulating more than that. What I would like to know is what is it hiding if it’s more than the ATIP?

I do know CDR media hide ATIP on Xbox fails so there is something quite different about CDRs, more so than simply the ATIP.

Autoplay = Blindwrite

Originally posted by FutureProof
Another myth comes full circle

:bigsmile: