Hide CDR Media question

Hi
I sucessfully back-up Neverwinter nights as per the CD Clone Game CD Profile by reading with my LTD163D DVD player and burning with lite on 40125S as suggested by philamber also did it using Lite-on Securom new profile. Both back-ups load and work fine.

However in both cases I have loaded the game in my DVD player-

Why do I have to disable the ‘hide CDR media’ to be able to run the game??

If hide CDR media is checked/enabled the playdisc will not run in my DVD player- the opening splash screen on NWN just dropps back to the desktop??

Originally posted by trueblue
Why do I have to disable the ‘hide CDR media’ to be able to run the game??

Hide CD-R Media

Now we’ll take a look at the ‘Hide CD-R Media’ option. Again this option isn’t hard to understand because it’s rather self-explaining. Hide CD-R Media will ‘hide’ the disc from the application (game) and has to do with the so-called ATIP protection. Read this small explanation to understand what this protection does.

When you’ve read the small article you’ll know that ATIP simply checks if the game is played from a CD-R by reading the ATIP (pre-groove). When the protection does indeed find ATIP info on the disc the game will conclude the disc is a CD-R and is thus not the original disc and won’t run. A simple solution for this is to play the game from a normal CD-ROM which can’t read the ATIP info (only a CD-Writer can) but what if you only have a CD-Writer in your PC? Well here’s where the ‘Hide CD-R Media’ option comes in.

‘Hide CD-R Media’ simply blocks the ATIP reading so the game will play from a CD-Writer!

Thanks for your help boskin I apreciate it

Originally posted by trueblue
Thanks for your help boskin I apreciate it
I simply forward your thanks to the author of these lines, i.e. G@M3FR3@K :wink:

Also, a few DVD players can read ATIP.