Hide cdr for dvd

I’ve read on several threads that the option hide cdr-media is to hide the fact that a cdr is a cdr and not the original cdrom when playing the game from a writer. But in my experience it is that the game recognises the copy also when playing from the dvd. In both cases it were games with safedisc 2 protection. And if I remember well the hide cdr from the latest version of clonecd was necessary to make the backup of Harry P playable.

Can anyone explain this??? Or did I do something wrong. I made the copy on a lite-on 2 sheep burner and the pc used for gaming has a pioneer dvd

if you play from a -R/RW drive, you have to enable “ignore media type” to hide atips (also is you are playing from a DVD backup, there are the atip on the DVD too!!!)

You have to use hide atip clone cd function because cloneCD can’t copy SD2.80 correctly, and Hide CDR in clone CD also does some knid of safedisc and securom emulation
if you use alcohol, you won’t need this emulation turned on

Originally posted by luciano
[B]if(also is you are playing from a DVD backup, there are the atip on the DVD too!!!)

[/B]

Oops, I meant DVD-player, the backup is on a cdR. But if I understand well that a clonecd/2 sheep burner copy can’t do the job perfectly. And alchole does the job better!:rolleyes:
Thank you for explaining.