Hide CD-R media + Nero CD-Speed = A small problem

vbimport

Just wanted to inform everybody that if Hide CD-R media is enabled you'll get 0ms seeks times when doing tests with Nero CD-Speed.

I'm about to start on a new review when I discovered this. Nero CD-Speed reported 0ms seek times. Used two ¤#&§ days searching for the cause of this error and then realised it was the Hide CD-R media function that caused it. :mad:

Now you all knows it and will hopefully not end up in the same situation as me.

I’'m also very curious if there is a logical explanation why this happens…

Just a small addition: I can confirm the ‘problems’. When Hide CDR Media is enabled you get 0 second seektimes with Nero CD Speed. When it’s disabled the problems are gone.

Originally posted by OC-Freak
Just wanted to inform everybody that if Hide CD-R media is enabled you’ll get 0ms seeks times when doing tests with Nero CD-Speed.
Aaaahhhhh…I see; happened to me just a few days ago - I thought WTF?! But just ignored it :wink:

btw, devices on a Leadtek Winfast ATA100 card will only show a max speed of 6-7x; had to plug into the MoBo to get the right readings :smiley:

I mailed Eric Deppe about this (The developer of CDspeed) and his explanation is that CloneCD filters not only the commands to read ATIP information but also commands that CD Speed uses to set the read head of the CD-RW drive.

CloneCD reports after this test that is has been done succesfuly, while the command hasn’t acutallly reached the drive. He doesn’t understand why the seek commands are filtered (Do you know Olli ? :wink: ) and he is trying to find out why…

Just some info :wink: