"HIDE CD MEDIA" AND "SECUROM NEW" (monster inc pc game)

vbimport

I can copy monsters inc for pc (uk version) , its protected with securom new , i can copy it no problem to work in my plex cdrom and liteon dvd drive , however i cannot get it to work in either my 24x plex or 40x liteon burners , i tried hide cd media on and off and still no luck . Using clone cd 4 .
Is the newer securom new able to defeat the hide cd media ?

Any tips on how to get this working in a writer please let me know .

Originally posted by Olli
[B]This is my problem… it works for most people (including me and “Sven, the testhorse at elby”), for some it don’t.

It is quite impossible to fix a problem I can’t see. I also haven’t found a common pattern, like a specific firmware fails, another doesn’t.
Maybe those where it fails have something in common?
A certain busmaster driver? Another burning application installed?
Padus, CDR-Win 5 and Roxio come in mind, as they install filter drivers… Nero sometimes installs a filter driver as well, this driver seems to be broken on XP. Nero does not install it in newer releases, but if you always have updated, the driver was never uninstalled.
Some other interfering component?

I am pretty helpless. [/B]

Originally posted by rabby2
[B]I can copy monsters inc for pc (uk version) , its protected with securom new , i can copy it no problem to work in my plex cdrom and liteon dvd drive , however i cannot get it to work in either my 24x plex or 40x liteon burners , i tried hide cd media on and off and still no luck . Using clone cd 4 .
Is the newer securom new able to defeat the hide cd media ?

Any tips on how to get this working in a writer please let me know . [/B]

Did you use either version 4.0.1.6 or the beta 4.0.1.8? If not, then try either of those. There was a bug in hide cd media in earlier versions of clone cd that olli fixed with version 4.0.1.6.

(Oh, FutureProof, I cannot agree with your description of ezcd as “coaster cremator”. IMHO ezcd creates perfect coasters;) .