Hidden Files Not Hidden

In the File Browser options menu, I DO NOT have a check mark next to either of the “Hidden Files” options. As you would expect, hidden files in my home directory are not displayed in the file-browser window. However, if I right-click in a compilation window and select “add files”, hidden files in my home directory are shown. This can be seen in the screenshot at:

http://home.socal.rr.com/grandcanyon/nero.png

Am I doing something wrong? Is there some way to prevent hidden files from apearing when I use the “add files” function? I checked Nautilus and there is not a check mark next to the display-hidden-files option.

I’m running Ubuntu Linux 7.04 and have installed Nero Linux 3.0.1.3.

Thanks!

This seems to be coming from the new file chooser dialog of GTK. If you right click in the file list, you will see a check box for showing/hiding hidden files and folders.
This setting you choose there seems to be kept and share among all other GTK applications.

Thanks for the reply. I did as you suggested, and the hidden files are now hidden.

As an aside, I have a check mark next to the option, “Exclude hidden files and folders when adding items to the compilation.” If I add my home directory to a compilation using the file browser, the hidden files are excluded. However, if I add my home directory to a compilation using the GTK chooser dialog, the hidden files are not excluded. This is not important to me, as it’s not something I have occasion to do, but I thought I might mention it anyway.

Thanks again!