Hi

Hi, name ia compaq. A newbi with a cd problem. New dvdrw disks not recognised by my built-in phillips dvd drive. older 700mb disks recognised but not these 4 gigs. Is there a size issue?:sad:

How old is your drive and what make of DVD are you using?
Did you try to check if it reads DVD-R.
It could be as simple as to update firmware for your burner.
Try to look on web for firmware update for a model you have.

hello evreybody.Plese help me, i already convert my avi video files to mpeg files to play in a dvd player, why the disc cant still play in a dvd player?am i correct my conversion or waht what format should i will be used to?

hoping for your reply asap…

Hi Ponz and welcome:

In CDF language, you hijacked someone else’s thread. [B][U]You need to start your own thread [/U][/B](in the Newbie section) and provide more information (media you used, program you used to burn, any logs generated by the burning program, etc.)

its pioneer dvd player and there is no size issue when i burn the disc but still cant play to dvd player.how is i?

[QUOTE=acompaq;2139000]Hi, name ia compaq. A newbi with a cd problem. New dvdrw disks not recognised by my built-in phillips dvd drive. older 700mb disks recognised but not these 4 gigs. Is there a size issue?:sad:[/QUOTE]
Please specify your burner model.
You may have a CDROM or a COMBO drive which can read/write CDR’s but only read DVD’s. Combo drives were quite popular with oem’s like compaq which were too cheap to install a decent DVDRW drive for many recent years.