Hi!, Really Quick Question!

Hi, well I have a really quick question, I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop, anyway im currently running Windows Vista Ultimate (32Bit) Runs Great! by the way, since my laptop iis pretty new, well i ran Tune Up utilities 2007 the other day I ran the system advisor and it said that I should consider upgrading my Operational System to a 64 Bit one since my processor can run it, I found out at this URl (In the Image Below) that yes indeed thats the way I understood, but first I want to really Be Sure, My graphics Card is a Intel Family Chipset 950GM something, oh and the Processor is a Intel Centrino Duo Mobile 1.67 CpU x2 T5500 (In case u need the Info), I just want to be totally sure it can be done, and that then conflicts wont happen and I can run my laptop without problems, (Im upgrading the RAM to 2560) (Thats One Module of 2GB and the other One of 512MB)…well hope someone helps me out here, many thanks Bye!

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1...riptionka9.png

More Details…

Hi,[QUOTE=Vinsanity;1951568]Hi, well I have a really quick question, I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop, anyway im currently running Windows Vista Ultimate (32Bit) Runs Great! by the way, since my laptop iis pretty new, well i ran Tune Up utilities 2007 the other day I ran the system advisor and it said that I should consider upgrading my Operational System to a 64 Bit one since my processor can run it, [/QUOTE]stick with what you have, since there is not much advantage to run 64 Windows (unless you intend to have >4 GB RAM installed). Device drivers support is much worse (just check Toshiba support website if there are 64 bit drivers for your laptop available).

And forget any “advice” given by those “Tuning Wizards”.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;1951589]Hi,stick with what you have, since there is not much advantage to run 64 Windows (unless you intend to have >4 GB RAM installed). Device drivers support is much worse (just check Toshiba support website if there are 64 bit drivers for your laptop available).

Michael[/QUOTE]

Well Typed, and I Agree! If you want more performance by RAM 50 bucks, versus Windows Ultimate OS 64Bit 300 bucks. Your choice though really. :smiley:

ok well im already planning on buying one module of 2gb plus my other module of 512mb, cant i run it that way, ok so whats the advantege in having 64 bit?

or should i buy for 4gb?

[QUOTE=mciahel;1951589]Hi,stick with what you have, since there is not much advantage to run 64 Windows (unless you intend to have >4 GB RAM installed). Device drivers support is much worse (just check Toshiba support website if there are 64 bit drivers for your laptop available).

Michael[/QUOTE]

Well there are all the drivers etc; but it doesnt specify either 32 or 64 bit, i think they are for the both…