Hi! One rookie here. How to update Frimware?

Hi! One rookie here. How to update Frimware?

See I am all in the woods with this stuff, but not totally. Updating layer 2 and 3 (osi-model) network gadgets I have done but not once updated my CDRW.s FW.

I have a Liteon 32x12x40x drive Nero Infotool says she is a LTR-32123S.

The reason why I am to do this is the fact that I cant burn 90min (800Mb) CDR:s with this “burner” it states that the disc is too small. So when I insert a 800Mb CDR to my recorder, Nero (5.5.10.54 now it didn´t help to update from 5.5.7.8) states that the disc is too smalll IF I try to burn data that is >700Mb.

So I thought that the FW update would help. But Well dunno. I am a rookie with these things.

Drn, I am in a hurry and see this topic tomorrow. So Please, could you help me out bit, tell me what is

A: the dilemma that makes me not able to burn 800Mb cd:s
B: how to perform the FW update on my LTR32123S

Thank you : )

:bow:

Originally posted by 964
[B]Hi! One rookie here. How to update Frimware?

See I am all in the woods with this stuff, but not totally. Updating layer 2 and 3 (osi-model) network gadgets I have done but not once updated my CDRW.s FW.

I have a Liteon 32x12x40x drive Nero Infotool says she is a LTR-32123S.

The reason why I am to do this is the fact that I cant burn 90min (800Mb) CDR:s with this “burner” it states that the disc is too small. So when I insert a 800Mb CDR to my recorder, Nero (5.5.10.54 now it didn´t help to update from 5.5.7.8) states that the disc is too smalll IF I try to burn data that is >700Mb.

So I thought that the FW update would help. But Well dunno. I am a rookie with these things.

Drn, I am in a hurry and see this topic tomorrow. So Please, could you help me out bit, tell me what is

A: the dilemma that makes me not able to burn 800Mb cd:s
B: how to perform the FW update on my LTR32123S

Thank you : )

:bow: [/B]

Hi 964 and welcome to the forum. I sure hope you will come and visit often.

To my knowledge , almost any LiteOn can overburn cd-recordables , but it’s a matter of setting the right things in the Nero configuration. Remember that you can only overburn cd-r’s in the “disc at once” modus.

There are also some patches available to get rid of the overburn bug.

To update a firmware , you can use two methods :

Windows :

Get the correct windows executable from the liteon website and follow the instructionson the executable

Dos : (not a dos box !)

Get the correct flashtool (MTKflash.exe) and get the correct firmware in binary file (.bin). You will need to boot in ms-dos mode (you can use www.bootdisk.com for a nice boot floppy) and flash your drive.

Thank you for your generous input! :slight_smile: I try these and see where I get. thank you

Yippee! Changed some expert mode settings and voila! Great :slight_smile: I have a pic, but can it be uploaded?