Hi just wondering the best way of testing all dvd burners

would like to know is there any hardware or software test that would test all type of burners from all companyes and all interfaces eg. sata,ide,laptop thing not sure what the interconnector is buy yeah, and not so software heavy like 50 progrs in windows just one basic like mem test for burners…

cya…

Welcome to the forum.

The problem here is that burners do more than just one thing so an application that tests one attribute would not be appropriate for another.

Also, as most people are concerned primarily with burn quality, the best application for testing would be CDSpeed. Now the problem is that each different media type will burn differently.

The problem is not the lack of applications. The problem is that is would take too long to test every media type.

what i ment was all optical drives for reading and writing but, u have a good point. the test i am looking for is so that after testing u can send for warranty…

yes i should word things better lol, so looking for tester to a: get rma(warranty to send drives)
B: to provide basic test for reading and writing and for all DVD-burners and dvd-roms and
C: just for the drive not worried about what media it can take or will run with…

D:this is for a company i work for where we need to make forms for lite-on , sony,ect. so are customers dont get there drive back with same prob, or get the same drive back fualty… sorry to the 25 ppl who looked at this when i post was not clear and thanks for your time…so i hope this is better coz not good with writing stuff just my tech stuff i good at…