Hi im new and i need some help

Hi my name is Nooby_noob and im a noob

I bought a Benq DVD DD DW1620 DVD+R/RW writer. Iv’e had it for about 9 months now and it just stopped working. My problem is that when I start the PC my DVD drive just opens up halfway, sometimes makes noises or even the place where u put the cd in pops out so fast the table shakes. Every time I turn my pc on one of those issues happen, now my drive doesnt work at all, it registers on windows XP but It doesnt read or burn, also it opens up at random times. Once it closed soo fast it cut my finger
As you can see this DVD drive is not old and i spent alot of money on it and i really dont have the $$ to buy a new one scince my dad is soo cheap.
I do want to point out that I’ve been leaving my computer in Hibernate an awfull lot and only after a few weeks of hibernation this just started.
I dont know whats going on, but I am ready to stab this DVD at any moment . Before I hurt myself or my computer can someone please help me out, if anyone can ide be very greatfull

O yhea and ive tried using the drive without the IDE cable and it does the same thing and i even tried on different computers but no luck

Thanks for reading me

As it is still less than one year old, shouldn’t it still be under warranty?

well, it was refurbished and i only got a 90 day warranty so im outta luck :frowning:

well it was refurbished, and i only had a 90 day warranty so i think im outta luck :sad:

If your telling us that it does the same thing in a different computer, it sounds like there is a serious or fatal problem with the drive (not anything else). It sounds like this is what you also believe.

Try customer service where you got it and see if they can give you some kind of credit towards another unit (good will/holiday spirit).

yhea i could, but theyd just tell me that its broken and tell me to bring it in…
thanks for the help, ill try opening it up. I got nuthin to loose right? lol :stuck_out_tongue:

well thanks anyways. i think its a fatal error. Im off to fill the drive with cherry bombs, and watch this bastard die!