Hi i am new i need help with dvdfab decrypter

vbimport

ok i have used dvdfab decrypter for like 2 years in the last week or so it takes me 2 to 3 hour to decrypt dvds this is what i uses

system
microsoft windows xp
home edition
version 2002 service pack 2

computer
intel ®
Pentium® D CPU 2.80GHZ
2.79GHZ 2.00 GB of RAM

can some 1 help me out

Check DMA status of your drive. If you don’t know how to do this, look through this thread.

[B]i did this but now i get Task_1 failed! Error=400(39 4 0 1 57 112 94)[/B]

[B]Enabling/ Checking DMA In Windows XP/ 2000

[/B]The first thing to do is to right click on “My Computer”. You can use the icon in the Start Menu or the one on the Desktop. Once you have right clicked on it then choose “Properties”.

The next thing to do is to click the “Hardware” tab at the top of the screen. From here you need to hit the “Device Manager” button.

Under device manager you need to find your hard drives. These are normally found under “IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers”. Under this you will have a number of items. The ones that we are interested in are the ones with channel in their name. You will need to do the same to all of the ones with channel in their name. To bring up the next window you will need to double click on the item. We will take Primary IDE Channel first.

This is the screen that will come up. Device 0 is the primary device on the channel and Device 1 is the slave device. In the “Transfer Mode” box you should be seeing “DMA If Available”. If not and you are seeing “PIO Only” then you need to click on the box and change this to “DMA If Available”.

To finished simply click the “OK” button to exit the windows. You will now need to check your “Secondary IDE Channel”.

Now you will have to reset your computer for the changes to take effect.

If when you have restarted the computer one of the channels is back on PIO-Only mode the last thing you can try is to uninstall the channel from the Device Manager window. When you then restart the computer it will force windows to reinstall the drivers and hopefully use the DMA if available mode.

[I]([B]Added note:[/B] DO NOT delete the IDE channel if your hard drive containing Windows is also on that channel! An alternative to deleting the channel can be found in [U]this thread[/U]. -C64K)[/I]

Do you have the latest version of DVDFab HD Decrypter? If not, you can find it here: www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

You might want to look through the DVDFab Error code thread. There are a few entries on the 400 error.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-3-error-codes-list-193820/

yes i just got DVDFab HD Decrypter but the time to Decrypt is like 19 hours

That is usually caused by your dvd drive being in PIO mode. But even then 19 hrs seems a bit extreme. What is the Current Transfer Mode showing for this drive?

On my older computer with two IDE dvd drives, I have one in Ultra DMA Mode 4 and the other is in Ultra DMA Mode 2. These are what should be normally seen for optical drives.

Which dvd drive do you have anyway? Make and model.

HL-DT-ST dvd-ROM GDR816B -----(Ultra DMA mode 5)

PHILIPS DVD±RW DVD8801-------(Ultra DMA mode 2)

All right I’m running out of ideas. Are you experiencing slow downs on anything other than decrypting dvds? Does the drive burn at its normal speed or play dvd movies without problems?

ok i did this and it works great the time is down 20 minute but ty if not for your help sending me here http://club.cdfreaks.com/f61/troubleshooting-enabling-checking-dma-windows-vista-xp-2000-me-9x-101616/ i would not have find it so ty so much

its by [B]cfitz[/B]

And another alternative, courtesy of Han with some additional elaboration by Null (this applies to both XP and 2000):

If deleting the IDE channel and your burner from Device Manager doesn’t help, open the Registry (Start -> Run -> Regedit) and open the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Class \ {4D36E96A-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Within this key you will find several subkeys. Most likely you will see the following:

0000 [I](for the IDE controller)[/I]
0001 [I](for the Primary IDE channel)[/I]
0002 [I](for the Secondary IDE channel)[/I]

Each of these subkeys has a named valued called “DriverDesc” that will make it clear to you to which component they correspond. Open the subkey corresponding to the channel on which your troublesome drive is located. Then, if the troublesome drive is the master, delete the “MasterIdDataChecksum” named value. Or, if the troublesome drive is the slave, delete the “SlaveIdDataChecksum” named value.

Reboot. The OS will redetect the device DMA capabilities after reboot.

Note that for many older CD-ROM drives DMA can not be enabled in Windows 2000/XP, so be sure to check the capabilities of your particular drive if you continue to have problems.

Great. Glad you found a solution, cause I was running short of new ideas to help.