Hi, first post, a few questions about burning

1. I just burned my first dvd, but it will play everywhere else execpt my main player, my playstation 2.

2. I want to make a copy of my PS2 Driv3r game because there is already a lot of scuff marks on it and i dont want to buy another one!

3. Do i HAVE TO have a mod chip? Or is it just suggusted? How do I find out if I definately need one? So far the research I have done many people have been able to copy and play without a mod chip for their PS2

4. Are all movies copywrited differently? Some already have protection and it wont let me get past the first frame. I have a lot of movies I want to back up because they have been scuffed.

5. Does certain media handle differently? I have 100 Phillips DVD+R discs, Was that a mistake to buy that many?

6. What is the difference between DVD-R, DVD+R, and DVD-RW

much help would be appreciated! thanks everyone!

-Susan

Most PS2 don’t like DVD-R/+R.

There are a lot of guides around the net. Have a look at the PS2 section at gamecopyworld, e.g.

You definitely need a mod chip. Forget about slide cards…

There are three different protections for movies: CSS (Content Scrambling System = digital protection), Macrovision (=analog protection) and lately some mastering error refered to as “Puppenlock”. Some have none, some one, some two and some all protections. Anydvd or DVDDecrypter will help you in most cases…

Not every writer likes all media and vice versa. I would have tried some before…

DVD-r and DVD+R are different standards, whereas RWs are Rewritable…

1. Mod chip required to play movies on a PS2. (unsure if bitsetting will cure this problem).

2. Its quite easy to backup PS2 games, dvddecrypter (free) in ISO mode or Alchol 120% in PS2 profile.

3. No Sony Playstation 1 or 2 game can be copied and played without some form of mod-chip or swap trick used.

4. Use DVDshrink or DVDdecrypter to rip and copy movie, just remember that some movies are over the 4.7Gb limit so removing something or shrinking to fit on a 4.7Gb disc is required.

5. This is all down to what you are going to use them for. Firstly older PS2 wont read DVD+R discs some stand alone DVD players refuse to read DVD+r discs. There is a tool that allows DVD+R discs to become DVD-ROM discs makes the player think its an original not a copy but this tool only works with selected makes and models, do a search on bit setting for more info on this.

6. http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=563743#post563743

Hope this helps.

wow thank you! you guys are great! I’ll be back more often! I got all dvds to finally work.

ANYDVD IS THE BEST program out there!