Hi Fengtao...I can't seem to backup my DVDs recorded from DVD recorders

vbimport

I have attached 4 ifo files from various DVD recorders and, they all gave me failures and refused to back it up so hope this helps :slight_smile:

1. Pionner DVD recorder disc DVDR 231-s
  2. Ilo DVD recorder
  3. LiteON DVD recorder model 5005
  4. LiteON DVD recorder model 5115

Thank you :bow: Hope this helps everyone :slight_smile:

If the are already ripped to a backup just copy them, no need to use dvd fab again.

[quote=Macrovision3500;2086880]I have attached 4 ifo files from various DVD recorders and, they all gave me failures and refused to back it up so hope this helps :slight_smile:

1. Pionner DVD recorder disc DVDR 231-s
  2. Ilo DVD recorder
  3. LiteON DVD recorder model 5005
  4. LiteON DVD recorder model 5115

Thank you :bow: Hope this helps everyone :)[/quote]
Either those are already ripped or they are copys, disable Pathplayer, There is absolutely no protection on any of these discs. Your computer must be broken.:confused:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2086885]Either those are already ripped or they are copys, disable Pathplayer, There is absolutely no protection on any of these discs. Your computer must be broken.:confused:[/QUOTE]

The computer happens to be brand new from factory purchased on 2007 if I am not mistaken, anyway…Here is the issue: as soon as I hit start I get “process failed” nothing else. This applies to all the DVD recorded disc I attached the ifos for. And, no quality info either. And regardless if I disable pathfinder or not I get the same message. :sad:

:bow:

Are these pressed disks (retail) or burned? What are the titles?

[quote=Macrovision3500;2086887] pathfinder :sad:

:bow:[/quote]
isn’t that a 4x4:confused: What version of dvdfab you using? Also what mode are you using to back up these burned discs? Try customize mode

they are burned disc from standalone dvd recorders.

if pathplayer disabled or pathplayer enabled does not work then i dont have any other suggestions for dvdfab.

i do however suggest using imgburn in read mode ( check add to write queue ) then write mode.

A couple of things come to mind here.

If I’m not mistaken, standalone DVD recorders record in a slightly modified format, VR mode. This may confuse rippers. However, as Alan noted, there is no protection, and something like Nero or ImgBurn should be able to copy them just fine.

The other thing is to make sure the discs are finalized in the standalone recorder. While the standalone recorder can read its own discs okay without finalizing, the PC cannot (unless there is some special software to allow this which I am unaware of).

I backup DVDs recorded on my DVD recorders all the time using Nero copy a DVD.

[QUOTE=GJ;2086928] Try customize mode[/QUOTE]
Nothing works…I don’t even get quality info.

[QUOTE=BitSmasher;2086928]
The other thing is to make sure the discs are finalized in the standalone recorder.
[/QUOTE]
All DVD recorded discs are finalized so, that’s not the issue.

[QUOTE=CCRomeo;2086928]
I backup DVDs recorded on my DVD recorders all the time using Nero copy a DVD.
[/QUOTE]
I want to help improve DVDFab :bigsmile: :bow:

[QUOTE=troy512;2086928]
if pathplayer disabled or pathplayer enabled does not work then i dont have any other suggestions for dvdfab.
[/QUOTE]
I tried every setting using DVDFab and nothing worked.

Hi Macrovision3500,

Thank you very much!

I will check the IFO files asap.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Hi Macrovision3500,

The problem will be fixed in next beta version, please wait.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

[QUOTE=fengtao;2087088]Hi Macrovision3500,

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]
THANK YOU!!! :bow:

thank you fengtao

[QUOTE=fengtao;2087088]Hi Macrovision3500,

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]
Sorry to bother you fengtao but, I found more problematic DVDs from DVD recorders:
1.PHILIPS DVD Recorder DVDR 3390
2. Samsung DVDR120 DVD Recorder / Player
3. RCA DVD Recorder DRC8052N
I have attached MORE ifos from problematic DVD backups failures…hope this helps.

Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

ifo for PHILIPS DVD recorder DVDR 3390.zip (26.4 KB)

ifo for Samsung DVD recorder.zip (10.4 KB)

ifo for RCA DVD recorder.zip (33.5 KB)

Sorry for the bump but, I want my ifos to get looked at in case it was not.

Any DVD has a similar problem with standalone dvdr’s. The solution: either rip with DVD Shrink or Nero. With Nero you can either do “DVD Copy” or just drag the files into the dvd through nero’s explorer

Hi Macrovision3500,

Please try DVDFab 5.0.5.5 Beta to see the result:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-0-5-5-beta-out-248264/

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Fengtao

[QUOTE=fengtao;2090820]Hi Macrovision3500,

Please try DVDFab 5.0.5.5 Beta to see the result:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-0-5-5-beta-out-248264/

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]
Trying it right now and…
It worked!
I managed to backup my DVD wedding I burned on a DVD recorder! I knew I can count on you guys…great work! I’m gonna report back…

[QUOTE=Macrovision3500;2091074]Thanks for the fix but, I have noticed that I can’t backup none of my DVD-RAM discs I created with my dvd recorder
DVDFab does not even recognize the disc but, PowerDVD does.
I’m not sure if DVDFab supports backing up DVD-RAM disc created in DVD recorders.

The DVD-RAM disc was recorded using a Panasonic DVD recorder brand: DMR-E50

I have attached the ifo for the DVD-RAM Disc…hope it helps :slight_smile:
If you need more information…let me know :smiley:
:bow:[/QUOTE]

hi Macrovision3500,

i see that you were successful in making at least one backup using DVDFab 5055. you now have problem with DVD-Ram disc. i do not know if DVDFab currently supports copy of DVD-Ram disc.
http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/MainFeatures

as you have noticed i do not have an answer or suggestion. was only trying to keep the discussion in one thread instead of two. :slight_smile:

troy