Hi Dr8-a questions

Hi,

I just bought a Msi Dr8-a, Which seems fine and all, yet when I goto burn a Video_ts file, using Ritek printables, it freezes… To save myself a little trouble, I have got the log file here

In case you are hard of sight???

Then the error says :- WriteSector failed at sector 16 (16) - Code 03 73 02 [Medium error, PCA full, cannot write anymore]

as for changing software, I have I used Clone DVD too, yet this does the same…

Whats happens is that, when the progeam seems to freeze (really it says checking disks and goes to 100%, then back to 59% so on and so forth), my computer becomes laggy, then My DVDrw locks up and I have to shut down windows, (which takes ages)…

I was wondering if anyone thought it was the media that I am using…??

Also, is the dr8-a a samsung, or is it a lite-on 811, I seen a few posts, saying that it is one of these two…

Thanks any feedback would be greatly appreciated…

Also does anyone know of a site where Media and DVD-rw are lreviewed if you know what I mean…

I think that the problem your are having has everything to do with a disabled DMA feature on your writer’s IDE bus/channel. For more info on this, please check my sticky thread.

And euh let us know what happens. If the problems are all gone… we’d be pleased to hear that. On the other hand, if the problems persist, we’ll try to help you out :wink:

So u reckon its my IDE drivers, I do have Nvidia Nfoerce2 chipset…

I also have my Optical drive as a master to my cd rom… on the primary channel

And my 2 HHD’s together on the secondary channel again slave mastered to each other…

I first assumed it was a media problem, but now well, you’s are the experts…

So u think I should uninstall my motherboard drivers?

But what would I use in its absence…?

EDIT : for some bizarre reason, I am being drawn towards the IMAPI reasoning…

I dont know why, I just feel as though it could be, seems though this seems to be the process that really bogs down my PC after it Locks up…

eDIT:

hia again, sorry to be a pain, just tried with Nero Burning Rom, and nero did not work, gave me the following log…

00:15:52 #23 DVDR -1015 File Writer.cpp, Line 333
Calibration area full

00:15:52 #24 Text 0 File ThreadedTransfer.cpp, Line 222
all writers idle, stopping conversion

00:15:52 #25 Text 0 File ThreadedTransfer.cpp, Line 216
conversion idle, stopping reader

00:15:52 #26 Phase 38 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1655
Burn process failed at 4x (5,520 KB/s)

00:15:52 #27 Text 0 File Scsicmd.cpp, Line 406
SCSI not using temporary buffers
20 out of 20 temporary buffers allocated

Existing drivers:
File ‘Drivers\ASPI32.SYS’: Ver=4.57 (1008), size=23936 bytes, created 23/12/1997 02:02:46
File ‘Drivers\PXHELP20.SYS’: Ver=2.02.38a, size=16288 bytes, created 18/04/2002 02:02:00 (Prassi/Veritas driver for win 2K)
File ‘Drivers\atapi.sys’: Ver=5.1.2600.0 (XPClient.010817-1148), size=86656 bytes, created 23/08/2001 12:00:00 (Adapter driver for rec)
File ‘Drivers\st324kj.sys’: Ver=3.26.0.0, size=88896 bytes, created 13/11/2002 17:43:50 (Adapter driver for src)

So you have enabled DMA now right?

You replace the drivers with the default Microsoft ones. Usually all you have to do is uninstall the current IDE drivers and reboot, Windows should then be able to automatically install it’s drivers. You could also try using the “update drivers” option.

Yeah, I had to reinstall windows again…

Gonna try again after…

Still having problems,

Cannot use most software including Copy to DDvd and nero, cant be the media, i read somewhere that the media i am using is compatible with my drive…

tried reinstalling windows…

tried changing my primary ide to PIO…

please help!

Bite the bullet and go buy some different media (a 3 pack should suffice) just to test and make sure it isn’t a media issue.