Hhd not seen by vista

vbimport

hi forum newbie at forum, I have install two HHD in a new system I built from scratch…C drive is where my O/S and the other is connected to one of the other sata conection. I could see both HDD in bios. but not in Vista. Do I have to format the HHD in order to see it in Vista Ultima… any help would be appreciated:rolleyes:

Hi,

that HDD - is this a brand new drive?
If so, you need to create partitions on it at first. See Windows Help for details, please.

Michael

Thanks for the quick reply. and Yes it is a bran new HDD 1TB now where would go to find window help? I want to use this 2nd drive for storage while my 1 HDD is where O/S is. Thanks again…Raul

[QUOTE=raul124;2455206]I want to use this 2nd drive for storage while my 1 HDD is where O/S is. Thanks again…Raul[/QUOTE]

Click on [B]Start button[/B], then click on [B]Control Panel[/B], then click on [B]System and Maintenance[/B],
down on the bottom you will see [B]Administrative Tools [/B]and on the right side you will see
[B]Create and format hard disc partitions [/B]click on that and click on [B]Continue or enter your
Administrative password and then continue [/B]and you will see a box pop up and it is called
[B]Disk Management [/B]and there you should see your hard drives and CD/DVD drives(s). Now
go up to the top and click on [B]Help [/B]and then click on [B]Help Topics [/B]and then click on
[B](Disk management:Welcome)[/B] then click on the [B]+ [/B]next to it and it will explain all you
need to know about what to do to your hdd to get it up and running.